Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Steering Wheel Upgrade

tim-06 said:
badbadtz said:
tim-06 said:
I would like to change my steering wheel too and really like what you done with the Macan one. My car is pdk -do you know if the paddles are compatible and work on a 997.2 without any other changes if I buy a pdk version?

They are :thumb:

If you have a multifunctional steering wheel (with or without heating) you'll need the gpsadapter

Ducati rob- thanks for the offer of the pic. Not needed as badbadtz has chimes in. My car has the rocker buttons so isn't the paddles up one side and down other side? Will just connecting the wires make them work one way only without any other mod?

Also need to resolve another issue with the wheels first before getting a steering wheel. This definitely on my list of things I'd like to do, as I think the current wheel is fugly :nooo:

Straight swap. Mine previously had the rocker buttons and now the paddles are as they should have been from the start (left paddle down / right paddle up)

Would love to get paddle shift if possible

I saw the pictures of badbadtz steering wheel upgrade and would love to do that to mine if possible.

Cannot remember if I read somewhere that it is not possible on a 2008/09 997.2 car.

I have the steering wheel with the additional radio and phone dial controls as well. I saw on badbadtz steering wheel pictures that his upgraded wheel also has them.

So is it doable, and where do you source a steering wheel. Do they need re-programming etc can it be done by a reasonable DIY person.

Regards
Glen Wells

Re: Would love to get paddle shift if possible

glenwells said:
I saw the pictures of badbadtz steering wheel upgrade and would love to do that to mine if possible.

Cannot remember if I read somewhere that it is not possible on a 2008/09 997.2 car.

I have the steering wheel with the additional radio and phone dial controls as well. I saw on badbadtz steering wheel pictures that his upgraded wheel also has them.

So is it doable, and where do you source a steering wheel. Do they need re-programming etc can it be done by a reasonable DIY person.

Regards
Glen Wells

Glen send Mike Cypher a message about what your looking to do , he sells the kits for these wheel changes, he will tell you if its possible and if so what you need .

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/p...oduct_tag_on_photo_fullscreen_165154195267580

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andewcb
Back