Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sold Sport Design Steering Wheel with Paddles (spare parts only)

Status of item for sale, now as sold
Status
Not open for further replies.

veetwin

Trainee
Selling my Sport Design Steering Wheel for spare parts (like the one in the attached library pic). Sadly it was damaged being removed from the car. The black mouldings under the silver plastic trim snapped and the cable assembly is missing.

The steering wheel leather and paddles are in good condition, and it 'could' be possible to remount it all as a working Steering Wheel. It would require sourcing a cable assembly from eBay and some careful loctite application for someone with patience.

Open to offers, will post pictures up later today.

Attachments

• IMG_28572-small.jpg
    IMG_28572-small.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 40
Hi All, a few people interested in the wheel, but have not yet had time to get the photos done.

Also, Im in the process of adding MME Motorsport paddle shifters to a Momo Mod7 wheel, am working with the folks at MME to understand if I need the small PCB inside the Sport Design Wheel (I do not believe I do), but they have the Circuit Diagram and will hopefully receive an answer today.

As for price, from what I see on eBay and forums these wheels can fetch between £900 and 1200 fully working condition. Would be happy if I could get around £250?

Please note that the Airbag would not be included.

One other point to clarify, I have used the Wiring Harness from within the wheel to wire up my Momo Mod 7 Cup Wheel. So, a new wiring harness would be needed (one that connects to the paddles with 3-pin connectors)

In any case, here are the photos. Most of the damage when removing was done to the lower and left side tabs

Attachments

• IMG_5340.jpg
    IMG_5340.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5341.jpg
    IMG_5341.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5342.jpg
    IMG_5342.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5343.jpg
    IMG_5343.jpg