Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Side lights not working after bumper off..

dvn12345

Trainee
Hi all,

I took my car for a 2-stage paint correction recently and, whilst it was getting done, the detailer removed the front bumper to get it resprayed, as the paint wasn't as good as the rest of the car.

When I collected the car, the PSM was unserviceable but, following a search on here, I realised this is common after the car being on a trickle charge and it cleared within the day. I also noticed that I was getting warnings for both side-lights, which I assumed was a similar deal, but this has not cleared and the car has just failed its MoT for the lights.

I have taken it back to the detailer to re-remove the bumper and check the loom attachment, but he says he can't see any issues... The really weird thing is that only 1 light comes on when I turn on the sidelights, but both come on when I take the key out of the ignition on shutdown.. Any thoughts please?!

Think you need the codes read and maybe a vehicle handover.
Worst case, new front control unit.

What happens with indicators and fog lights?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back