Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Show us your winter Porsche photos

Clanky said:
Hibernation & on life support during the winter I'm afraid! :nooo:

Makes me feel sad seeing a beautiful car not being used.

A couple taken this morning on the way to drop the kids off at nursery.

IMG-20170113-WA0001_zpsxxlod6wx.jpg

FB_IMG_1484303083004_zpskaidwzbb.jpg

Mr Stew, where are you based in Cambridge, you use your Turbo as a daily in that traffic?!

See a few 997s on Madingley Road on my commute home, but they're not Turbos.

Picked up a lot of snow on the 100 mile commute home last night.
The snow has now melted and left this.

IMG_0652.jpg

Best get the jet washer out.

Les said:
Clanky said:
Hibernation & on life support during the winter I'm afraid! :nooo:

Makes me feel sad seeing a beautiful car not being used.

Trust me, when the salt clears in the spring, it gets used as intended!

:thumb:

It does pain me to tuck it away in the winter, but in some respects I'm sort of glad. By the end of the season, I've usually scared myself enough that it feels safer to have it tucked away.

Every spring, it feels like a new car again, so I'll never tire of it!

The return of Marty Wild said:
Mr Stew, where are you based in Cambridge, you use your Turbo as a daily in that traffic?!

See a few 997s on Madingley Road on my commute home, but they're not Turbos.

Yep, use it daily on the A14 or A428 depending upon which road isnt quite as screwed up as the other. I work just off Huntington Road, but sometimes go via Madingley Road if im going on 428.

Ive only actually seen 1 other 997 turbo on the road since I got mine 8 months ago!

Good effort! I'll keep an eye out for you, I work right by Churchill College and the Dept of Astronomy.

Couldn't pay me to have to use the A14 every day, it's horrific! Give me a pushbike in a blizzard any day! :lol:

Nice picture.

Hope you treated yourself to some new underpants when you reached your destination!

:D
Caught by bad weather in Austria.
Could not go further down the mountain, bit slippery, so went backwards up the mountain on my summer tyres to a hotel.

View the next day

Pic taken Thursday 12th Jan 2017, made for exciting drive :eek:

2eveoaa.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geoff993
Back