Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Shell V-Power is a ridiculous £1.46/L

I put Momentum in my Boxster and until recently in my 911. No issues. However now the 'Mersey Gateway' bridge has opened I'll be switching back to V-Power on the 911. The new bridge is a toll road costing £2 each way. Locals are given a free pass to cross but only for one car per household (which I've used on my daily). Tesco for me is across the bridge whereas Shell is on my side. So the saving on Momentum for the 911 has been nullified.

I use it so little it shouldn't really be a worry for me but it's the prnciple!

996ttalot said:
You get better knock protection from vpower compared to tesco99. We done that test many years ago hence why we tune on vpower. So there is a difference for sure regardless of what they put in it.

:worship: :worship: :thumb:

996ttalot said:
You get better knock protection from vpower compared to tesco99. We done that test many years ago hence why we tune on vpower. So there is a difference for sure regardless of what they put in it.

I'm a V Power man, even if it does include 5% ethanol over here. It's better than 95 with E10 (although apparently the ethanol content varies), and it's only about 8-10 euro-cents more expensive.

MaxA said:
I'm a V Power man, even if it does include 5% ethanol over here. It's better than 95 with E10 (although apparently the ethanol content varies), and it's only about 8-10 euro-cents more expensive.

Max is the Vpower racing 100 ron available to you , we cant get it in the UK ours is 99ron

Phil 997 said:
MaxA said:

Max is the Vpower racing 100 ron available to you , we cant get it in the UK ours is 99ron

Nope. I think the imaginatively named Shell V Power Nitro Plus E5 over here is actually rated 98 now.

AND I have to run the boat on 98 too. :nooo:

MaxA said:
Phil 997 said:
MaxA said:

Nope. I think the imaginatively named Shell V Power Nitro Plus E5 over here is actually rated 98 now.

AND I have to run the boat on 98 too. :nooo:

So is Shell the best fuel- I always thought Tescos was a small isle of mainland Greece. The price is not an issue IMO - what is the quality. Unless otherwise I will use V power - no alternative currently

Shell V-Power is £1.49/L at Sutton Scotney Services (A34 Winchester) yesterday. :?

Filled up with V - Power this morning on the A9 just above Gleneagles for £1.409/litre.......have used Tesco Momentum when Shell not available but can't say I noticed a difference :dont know:

Avoid Scotch Corner services on the A1M then.....it ws £1.60/Ltr on Sunday :eek:

isysman said:
I put Momentum in my Boxster and until recently in my 911. No issues. However now the 'Mersey Gateway' bridge has opened I'll be switching back to V-Power on the 911. The new bridge is a toll road costing £2 each way.

sounds like you're near me, in Runcorn.

Sainsburys, which I've been told is straight from BP, is currently £1.239 a litre for Super Plus.
I've put V power in, I've put 100 octane in (Germany) and I've put super plus in and TBH it still goes like a stabbed rat! As long as it doesn't cause a melt down I'm happy with S/P.
I think we all know that 80% of what we pay goes to the chancellor so the Oil giants need to line their pockets somehow.
Politics pushes up the Oil price, commodity brokers see a profit, jump onto Oil and then push the price up even more, it's whats called 'the markets'.

Porschekit said:
Avoid Scotch Corner services on the A1M then.....it ws £1.60/Ltr on Sunday :eek:

Good call, I will be stopping there on Thursday, so will make sure to fill up well before then. Still, last time I went up that way, every garage on the A1M was well over priced.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back