Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sealy Car Lift

I like the look of this as like you I'm also fed up with trolley jacks and axle stands!

GMG said:
I like the look of this as like you I'm also fed up with trolley jacks and axle stands!

Agreed annoyingly I can't find any proper review of this online on youtube or on a forum. Not too expensive but expensive enough if it turns out crap. Not the easiest to return either...

The non ability to place supports at correct jacking points would worry me.... I would be very wary of damage to Aircon lines and sill trims..

Your not that far off quick-jack money circa £1000 from garage equipment .co.uk which must be a better option?

Does it go low enough to get under a 911 ?
I have to drive my 997 onto blocks of wood to get enough space under it so the low line trolley jack can get under it.

For a bit more you can get a quick jack. Costco are the cheapest. they sit nicely under my 997 or leant up against the garage wall out of the way, which is where i usually keep them.

Plus there is no manual effort in raising them. I have both the battery and mains powered power pack but only use the battery version as it is easier and i have a spare 12v car battery.

And as there are no cross members you can slide a trolley jack or mechanics crawl board underneath with no obstruction. This was the most important thing for me as I also have a classic car which always needs me to be underneath for something or other.

martin t said:
For a bit more you can get a quick jack. Costco are the cheapest. they sit nicely under my 997 or leant up against the garage wall out of the way, which is where i usually keep them.

Plus there is no manual effort in raising them. I have both the battery and mains powered power pack but only use the battery version as it is easier and i have a spare 12v car battery.

And as there are no cross members you can slide a trolley jack or mechanics crawl board underneath with no obstruction. This was the most important thing for me as I also have a classic car which always needs me to be underneath for something or other.

I have just checked and yes for sure it seems a lot better but it's twice the price? I can find it for less than ~ £1300

Ah so they are £1300 now.

Believe me if you bought one you would say the same as almost everyone else who has bought one, 'I wish i had bought one X years ago'.

There is a cheaper version mentioned in the thread that I considered but as i remember the lowered height is actually higher than a QJ so I discounted it.

I can also say that being a known brand it has excellent customer support, so 5 years after buying it they were available to answer questions at 8pm!!! and sent me a replacement connector for free. Good attitude as well.

Think carefully about what you want it for before buying a lift, and buy the right lift even if it is a bit more expensive.

You could try ebay as occasionally one comes up for sale used.

martin t said:
Ah so they are £1300 now.

Believe me if you bought one you would say the same as almost everyone else who has bought one, 'I wish i had bought one X years ago'.

There is a cheaper version mentioned in the thread that I considered but as i remember the lowered height is actually higher than a QJ so I discounted it.

I can also say that being a known brand it has excellent customer support, so 5 years after buying it they were available to answer questions at 8pm!!! and sent me a replacement connector for free. Good attitude as well.

Think carefully about what you want it for before buying a lift, and buy the right lift even if it is a bit more expensive.

You could try ebay as occasionally one comes up for sale used.

Very valid point,,,I have no doubt that everything you are saying is true, I can clearly see it's one of those cheap(ish) product vs well thought ad reputable one. I will keep an eye on ebay. I suppose they also hold their value rather well and are sought after so probably a better investment anyway.

I have the equivalent unit from Automotech.

Used it several times to lift cars and it's pretty straightforward and easy to use.

You just need a wide flat area next to the car so you can slide it under.

It's actually for sale if anyone's interest (I purchased a mid rise lift for my garage to replace it)

Andy

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back