Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

rights when selling a car

'Removed the bulbs to get it through an MOT' what a clown!

I wouldn't get into a correspondence 'tennis match' with him, send him one final email or letter, preferably the latter by recorded delivery and state that the car was road worthy and legally MOT'd when he bought it and that's your final word.

If he does have the 'neck' to take you to court make sure you turn up but I very much doubt he will.

He's chancing his arm and has no recourse whatsoever since he buys and sells in the course of his business. So the law sees him as a professional car buyer with supposed superior knowledge than Joe Public. If a case ever found its way to court (or ADR / arbitration) he will be simply told to be better at the buying aspect of his business. He had the opportunity to do his due diligence and to have missed an absent management light when the ignition is on just shows how poor he is at his job. He caught a cold, and that's just a risk of the business he is in and now he is lemony. Frankly he's a fool for even trying it on. I'm not really one for crying to the authorities but in this case, if he persists you should report him for harassment (or burn down his dealership to focus his attention elsewhere - that's a joke by the way, before you go reaching for the Swan Vestas).

So, in summary: tell him GFY!

T8 said:
You sold your car to a dealer.

He bought it.

End of story.

:yeah:

And a big fat +1 to all the other comments above.
It would be good to know the dealer.....

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back