Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Retrieving service history

Jonesie

Evening wise ones,

I am after some advice please.

I am currently trying to purchase a 997.
The advert listing the vehicle I am looking at states that it has a detailed service history.
However it appears the invoices are lost ....

The service book has 4 stamps from Chelmsford POC.

Do you think Chelmsford would be able to tell me what work had been carried out?

Thanks in advance and let's hope the sun breaks through before winter kicks in 🥴
Jonesie

I would just ring Chelmsford and ask. I've had OPC look up stuff on my car but whilst under my ownership; so you might get some sort of cautious data protection response. I guess you already know they did the maintenance and that will be a minimum service requirement but they may have done more at the owner's request - you can only ask.

I assume it has further stamps beyond Chelmsford.

E mail or call tell them it's your car you want a price for service, and out of interest could they supply the history with them to you. Worked for me with Chester, I didn't buy the car in the end but sent the info to the selling dealer who then sold it immediately as they now had the full OPC history..

Thanks Otto / Sponge B

Has three other services from an Indy, but he wants permission from the previous owner to release the info...

Might try the Chelmsford bluff but you can see by my double posting I'm not the sharpest in the pencil case :dont know:

:grin: it's when they they '...and your name is?...'

I would just make the calls to OPC and Indy's and take it from there, the dealer may be genuinely conscious of data breaches given the invoices have name and address etc. They could be redacted of course but that's a faff for them. If you smell a rat walk away.

I have to admit, when I bought mine it was on the basis of a full OPC history (confirmed by the stamps), so I knew I could retrieve any missing info but I didn't ask to see the invoices. When I completed the sale I was handed a large bag with every document down to the original bill of sale.

OttoOtto said:
I would just make the calls to OPC and Indy's and take it from there, the dealer may be genuinely conscious of data breaches given the invoices have name and address etc.

:yeah:

They don't need to tell you anything other than what work was done. I wouldn't expect them to give you anything in writing but can't see why they wouldn't tell you. Of course it may be that the owner only used them for servicing and any other work was done elsewhere.

I never had an issue asking for the report of 111 point check or the work carried out with an OPC when intending to buy the car.
All the best

Thanks for all your replies and advice.

Just spoke to Colchester Service ( nice lady called Heather ).
She said retailing dealers can approach them for service information or the Registered owner can also be provided with information regarding previous service history.

Jonesie

They usually provide it if you are booking in with them I've never had an issue and done this a few times. Atm I've got the last 7 years detailed invoices on my car from the dealership, they just removed the name and address of the last owners.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concept303
Back