Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Recommendations for good European breakdown/recovery cover.

Slippydiff

Imola
As per the title really.
I'm planning a trip to see a mate in Southern Spain next month, I'll be driving down in the 996. I've had the car 5 months now, and have done a good few miles in it over the past few months without any issues, but it is a 20 year old car which as we all know has a fairly comprehensive list of issues that can and do occasionally manifest themselves at the most awkward of times ... so I'd like the added security of a decent breakdown and recovery service when in mainland Europe, ideally with the option to have the car recovered back to Hartech in Blighty in the worst case scenario :?:

So if any of you have recommendations for good, reliable policies that are available, please let me have them (along with your experiences of your chosen policy providers if you're ever used/required their services whilst abroad)

the euro cover included or added on to your classic Insurance policy. Years ago I had to be recovered from France after a rocker shaft walked and I think it was classic line and their service was spot on

As I stated in that post, Barclays still do the travel pack with RAC breakdown cover across Europe with no age restriction.

I've just been researching this and came across Nationwide FlexPlus current account.

£13pm and no minimum number of direct debits etc and you get:

Worldwide travel Insurance self/partner/family
AA Breakdown with Home Start and full EU cover for account holder(s) and authorised driver. No age limit on vehicle or need to specify the vehicle.
Mobile phone cover for self/family.
Cashback on groceries etc with the debit card if you want that.

Seems a good deal for the price. I'm thinkig of just opening the account, putting a monkey in it and keeping my other bank accounts.

That's almost identical to the package at Barclays.......for £12.50.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back