Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear Lid won''t open after flat battery - any ideas ?

Milo72

Spa-Francorchamps
Any ideas why the rear lid won't open after my battery went flat? It was working fine by the switch prior but doesn't do anything now, no clicking, no noise, no anything.

The front works fine so don't think it can be the switch and the horn and rear spoiler which are on the same fuse work.

I know there is the cable to pull but that's under the light and I can't work out how to get to it.

Any ideas ???

Just to add I have just got a Foxwell NT530, I have found I can open the front from here but can't see if I can the back.

Try doing a vehicle handover .. it's what i would do .

I'm unsure if your tester has this option though , i would have thought so as its a basic reset option .

I would also check the coding for the rear control unit .

Flat batterys and control units can get a bit upset at times .. a handover is like turning your home computer off then on again when it goes tits up ( not the same as disconnecting a battery and reconnecting it on the car i must add ) .

Rear control units are also the ones that are a bit flakey when it comes to flat batterys .. 987 are notorious for losing the coding on these after a flat battery .

Another winner from deMort....

Can 911uk just employ you full time to provide advice help and advice. I think we have all save a fortune because of your help. I'll sign up.

Bless you but its not fixed yet ..

All i can do is base an answer on previous experience .. i have a little bit of that :)

Its Foc as is all of our forum members comments .. best forum yet i must add as the knowledge base here is immense and i am humbled at times at how little i actually know which considering i do this for a living says a hell of a lot about the members here . :thumb: to all of you .

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back