Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear discs on the wrong side?

rod635

I was recently advised that my rear discs were on the wrong sides, apparently there is a left and right side. Does anyone know if I will have to fit new pads if I rotate these, pads and discs are relatively new?

Rear discs are interchangeable, only the fronts are sided.

That’s a relief, fitted new rear discs and pads on the rear of my C4 last year and did not think to check if they were handed. 7000 miles later and all still good 🥵

I was recently advised that my rear discs were on the wrong sides, apparently there is a left and right side. Does anyone know if I will have to fit new pads if I rotate these, pads and discs are relatively new?
who told you this !?

what @Alex said

TAROX rears are handed, ie not interchangeable.

From their website about 997 rear discs: "You will receive a pair of handed discs with specific cooling features for the left and right side of the axle"

Could you not move the pads?

TAROX rears are handed, ie not interchangeable.

From their website about 997 rear discs: "You will receive a pair of handed discs with specific cooling features for the left and right side of the axle"
because Tarox use directional grooves which hare side specific

drilled discs are not

Really need to know what car you have, if its a 997S Gen1 then they are handed on the rears unless they are aftermarket like Brembo. If its the basic 997 Gen 1 then they are not handed

All Gen 2 cars are handed

Pads should be ok to keep

How to tell what side the discs is? If the drilled hole pattern goes to the right clockwise) its a left disc, if the pattern goes to the left (anti clockwise) its a right disc.

because Tarox use directional grooves which hare side specific

drilled discs are not
Indeed. My point was some discs are handed. OP doesn't say what make his discs are, or whether drilled etc.

Also check the vanes in the centre of the outer ridge are not angled and are straight…

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back