Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Purchasing dilemma - advice required

craigo

Hey everyone

I'm looking for some buying advice.

I have a dilemma over a 4 month old GT4 or a new Cayman GTS - both have their pros and cons over ownership. As this will be my daily, my question to those in the position of using a GT4 on as their main driver, can it be used as a daily or is it a track car with a number plate?

All responses greatfully received

I'd certainly go for the GTS if you're primary requirement is for a 'daily driver'.

I'd certainly go for the GTS if you're primary requirement is for a 'daily driver'.
Totally agree.
Think a GT4 might just about meet the criteria as a daily drive in the summer months, but as an all-year-round car, think it may become tiresome and anxiety-inducing in the wet and cold winter months.
A GTS would be an excellent daily drive.

As above , it has to be the GTS

4.0 GTS is a damn fine car and makes 100% a daily as the GT4 is too low and the ride is too hard

Nah- make every journey an event, get the gt4- if not why stop at gts? Just buy an S class merc, a pipe and some slippers

If it was a 981GT4 then I'd say go with the GTS. However if it's a 718GT4 with PDK then you'll be OK as it was designed for softies.☺️
That said with buckets you'll find them compromising if you can't open the door fully to get in/out. Buy one with comfort seats and nobody will want it when you sell unless it's very cheap.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back