Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Project 928.

Chief I've no idea? I've removed them for now, I can always put them down the filler neck if there needed? :dont know:

Paul, next fast lanes the target :grin:

Ian

where did you get the nylon line from?

Hi buddy, I got the nylon pipe off eBay, it's rated for fuel and comes with metal inserts for the ends. Cost about £24 for two lengths. I used 10mm plumbing fittings to attach it to the metal lines at the bulk head. It's fixed by a jubilee clip at the sender. I removed the fitting at the pump and heated it up a little bit over the gas Bob and pushed the pipe onto it. First a tried to steep the nylon pipe in boiling water but I couldn't push it all the way onto the barbed fitting.

I did a good couple of hundred miles on Sunday and it's all good up to now!

Ian

project 928

Chief said:
Ian,
Wasn't there some product in the 90's where you put those pebble like things in the tank to add lead back into the fuel???

Loving the work :thumb:

yes you are right :thumb: I remember this product being around years back so you could run it on unleaded

Interesting, surely a 1985 car will run on unleaded? Do I need to put them back in, I would have thought its powers would have worn off by now?

Ian

They were considered a bag of magic beans!
Back then peeps were still worrying about valve seats sinking due to lack of lead. We know better now, but then we always do with hindsight :roll:
Just pop them on EBaygum for the price of a cow :grin:

You learn something new everyday! Obviously I've seen fuel additives but never magic beans :D

Ian

Wow you have been busy , what fantastic work following with intrest :)

Ian,

Well done on Saturday mate :thumb:

Just pop them on EBaygum for the price of a cow

Priceless :floor:

Cheers,
Paul

Ok, it's begun.....

Got the front bumper removed and stripped.

Side indicator removed and wipers and scuttle unbolted and removed.

Removing the scuttle I found where the aerial plugs in.

Removed the metal trim from the rear quarter glass and the rear quarter rubber spoilers.

Had some new sills made up out of galvanised steel, I think they'll out live the car!

Still got lots to remove, hoping to have another go at it this weekend. Going to use flapper disks in the grinder to remove anything that's not metal. The front bonnet, wings and doors are aluminium and suffer from oxidisation, you can see in the pic where I've rubbed the oxidisation off to bare Ali.

Doing all the preparation myself ready for welding and paint.

Ian

Ian,

What do you do in your "spare" time..... :grin:
Don't answer....I can guess.....robbing banks to pay for it all.

Great work, I'm envious of your capability...I've just had a LTT fitted by an indy...I've probably paid the equivalent of three week's work for you...
See you on the 28th....

cheers
John

This is just brilliant! With paul284pt's seats almost ready to sit in now and systemmeister's engine running again I needed a new "crazy, brave, contagious enthusiasm" thread to lurk on.

Very best of luck - I've always thought there was something special about 928s, ever since I was about 8 years old and had a poster of a gold one on my bedroom wall! Looking forward to seeing some great results!

:popcorn: :thumbs:

This is just brilliant! With paul284pt's seats almost ready to sit in now and systemmeister's engine running again I needed a new "crazy, brave, contagious enthusiasm" thread to lurk on.

That goes for me too :grin:

You've got some bottle Ian, nice work :thumb:

Cheers,
Paul

Just look at the number of my posts :grin:

Shame! My number of posts said 928, they've moved on, never mind :wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli