Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Museum - Who has been?

Indischrot

Spa-Francorchamps
Hey guys,

I'm booking a trip to Stuttgart next year to visit the Porsche museum on my birthday weekend and was looking for any recommendations. Things to avoid, other stuff to do in Stuttgart (Porsche and non-Porsche related!)

Also what did you make of the museum? From what I've seen in photos it looks great so hoping its worth the trip.

Any advice appreciated! Cheers

The Abacco hotel is a short drive away & a nice place to stay. Lots of Porsche & Mercedes memorabilia around the hotel, & the attached steakhouse is fantastic.

I didn't get to visit the Mercedes Museum, but I hear it's well worth a visit & not far.

You might also want to see my post in the road trip section of the forum for details on how to order an umwelt (ulez) sticker for your car before you go.

Its closed Monday's! (don't ask me how I know :sad: )

Well worth a visit.

The Porsche museum is excellent, well worth a trip. Restaurant there also good.

No idea if it applies but I'm pretty sure they do a cheap rate for Seniors - take your passport with you.

Another vote for the superb Mercedes museum.

If you click on the Search Forum function (top right of screen) and key the words Porsche AND museum you'll get lots of threads relating to this.

I've been three times (2013, 2016 and 2022) and the exhibits change enough for each visit to be as good as the time before.

As mentioned above it's closed on Mondays. Also if you're in the PCGB and take your card you'll get free or at least reduced entry.

There's threads on the Mercedes museum on here too. Apparently it's excellent.

As you're in the area the V8 Motorworld complex at Boblingen (about 15 miles away) is superb and as a birthday treat you might want to book a themed room at the Classic V8 Hotel there.

Have fun. :thumbs:

Buying tickets at Porsche Museum will get you a discount at the Mercedes Museum. The Mercedes Museum eclipses the Porsche one in many ways, except not being Porsches.

Porsche dealer across the road is worth a visit too.

I'd stay in Stuttgart rather than Zuffenhausen. You can park below the Museums or take excellent public transport.

As above, stay in Stuttgart centre and use the excellent public transport to get around. Enjoy the nice bars and restaurants in Stuttgart (Sophie's Brauhaus) and Ochs'n Willi and two of my favourites). Visit the Porsche and Mercedes Museums. Check in advance to book factory tours. Last time I was there, end of May, I did the Taycan and 911 production line tours, proper interesting stuff.

Mercedes Museum is a lot bigger than the Porsche one, but the Porsche one seems to rotate exhibits a lot more often.

MC

MisterCorn said:
As above, stay in Stuttgart centre and use the excellent public transport to get around. Enjoy the nice bars and restaurants in Stuttgart (Sophie's Brauhaus) and Ochs'n Willi and two of my favourites).

I was about to suggest Ochs'n Willi too! Great restaurant.

I'd echo the recommendations for staying in the middle of the city too. Lovely to have a gentle meander through and lots of lovely Porsches on the roads.

Canstatter Volksfest (Sept-Oct) and Fruhlingsfest (April) are well worth visiting. Much less touristy than Oktoberfest in Munich.

Magic919 said:
Porsche dealer across the road is worth a visit too.

That's been demolished, they're currently redeveloping the site, so the dealership has relocated to the other side of town.

Daniel said:
Its closed Monday's! (don't ask me how I know :sad: )

Well worth a visit.

I may have driven there on a Monday aswell!!

Luckily we got a factory tour, otherwise would have been a wasted day, ended getting up early and going on Tuesday before we left Stuttgart

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions, much appreciated. So glad I know about it being closed on Mondays!

The Mercedes museum is definitely worth a visit. Also Tübingen which is a 40 miles away from Stuttgart is well worth a visit. It is a beautiful medieval town. If you want to take it to the next stage of geek, it is the capital of Württemberg-Hohenzollern which was one part of the 4 areas carved up after WW2. It's coat of arms is one half of the Porsche crest with the horses of Stuttgart completing it.

Attachments

• coat_of_arms_of_the_free_state_of_wrttemberg_478.png
    coat_of_arms_of_the_free_state_of_wrttemberg_478.png
    314.2 KB · Views: 1,255

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPD
Back