Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PDK - post service woes

Silver2

Hi All

My PDK had both fluids changed at a service about a year ago.

I've given it time to bed in/learn but I have to say I'm not happy at all. In Normal it's very sluggish and feels like it changes up too early and almost seems to labour.

Of more concern there is an intermittent lurch between 5th and 6th, in all settings and shift modes. It hasn't gone any worse, and isn't happening any more frequently, but it's just getting really annoying. It can give you quite a jolt as it seems to almost 'stop' before finding 6th and resuming.

I've been updating the very highly regarded indie who serviced the box, and they have persisted with showing precisely zero interest. All the more galling given the show of wanting to be at the forefront of future PDK repairs.

Anyhoo, has anyone else had this?

If not, any suggestions as to what it could be?

Regards

p.s. 54k on the clock, and 3.8S.

Hi

I had similar issues with a 997.2 3.8 2S a year ago, that was by a well known independent who I would rate as have zero customer skills and doesn't care.

The issues I had went away as soon as I had another independent change the sump and oil on the pdk gearbox, the original independent had charged me and stamped the service book but not touched any part of the gearbox or even removed any of the under trays.

The car was also in for other work they charged for but didn't do either.

I had quite a few back and forth emails with them until they paid me an agreed sun to cover all my expenses, they also said they had miscommunication between the workshop and the office so had stamped the service book and invoiced me thinking the work had been carried out, that was total BS.

If you don't mind who did your work ? PM me the name of you wish.
If it's the same place it's possible they did to you what they did to me.

Why all the secrecy? Name and shame so that it doesn't happen to others who use this forum.

Plumb said:
Hi

I had similar issues with a 997.2 3.8 2S a year ago, that was by a well known independent who I would rate as have zero customer skills and doesn't care.

The issues I had went away as soon as I had another independent change the sump and oil on the pdk gearbox, the original independent had charged me and stamped the service book but not touched any part of the gearbox or even removed any of the under trays.

The car was also in for other work they charged for but didn't do either.

I had quite a few back and forth emails with them until they paid me an agreed sun to cover all my expenses, they also said they had miscommunication between the workshop and the office so had stamped the service book and invoiced me thinking the work had been carried out, that was total BS.

If you don't mind who did your work ? PM me the name of you wish.
If it's the same place it's possible they did to you what they did to me.

wow :eek:

droptop said:
Why all the secrecy? Name and shame so that it doesn't happen to others who use this forum.

Agreed, surely would benefit others looking for a reliable indy.

Kadafi39 said:
droptop said:

Agreed, surely would benefit others looking for a reliable indy.

Seconded - we need to know this info, its like driving off with a loose wheel nut

The garage/independent had agreed on the work which was pdk sump and oil change, 4 discs and pads to be done if I purchased the Carrera they were selling at full window price. Effectively charging me for work and not doing it but saying they had and giving a trail of paperwork and stamps on the book.

The brakes I noticed when I picked the car up hadn't been changed, they said the brake discs were within tolerances and they had put new pads in which later was proved to be false, the pads weren't replaced and every disc was up to 3mm under Porsches recommendations stamped on the discs, the brakes also shook violently if braking hard.

I was told by the boss of the independent that what Porsche stated about pdk servicing and brake ware wasn't correct and the brake discs could be used for a lot longer than Porsches recommendations. (He knows more than the manufacturer).

The person who put my car right gave it a thorough inspection and found quite a few issues that were due to neglect and not being serviced, though the independent said they had be looking after the car for the last seven years, prior to that it was Porsche main dealer serviced.

I can name the well know independent from Leeds as I wouldn't let them check the tyre pressure for me, they have no customer service skills and as far as I'm concerned charge for work they don't do they lie about it.

PDK slow shift

I had my PDK and gearbox oil changed last year on my 997.2 and the guy that did it (Indy) said that he had re-programmed the shift as he found it a bit sluggish. I hadn't had the car long so didn't know any different. So maybe that's what yours needs.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back