Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Parking Brake Fault

DRZ911

Mugello
Have had a Parking Brake Fault on the dash info centre and an amber warning light a few times over the past weeks. Has always cleared after the car is switched off
Yesterday, whilst on an incline at traffic lights with HOLD engaged, the Parking Brake Fault came up, HOLD went off, and the car started rolling backwards. Narrowly avoided hitting the car behind. Fault went away after the car was switched off.
Contacted the OPC and have booked in for diagnosis, although they say they haven't heard of this issue before.
Anyone else have this happen to them?
Car is 2015 with an electronic parking brake.

Last edited:
The ebrake is a control module that is probably at to fault.

Had the parking brake fault diagnosed today by my local OPC.

Apparently, the friction material has completely separated from the parking brake shoe inside the bell of the disc. The friction material has then rotated randomly around the inside of the bell of the disc causing the failure warning on the dash.

Has this happened to anyone else before?
The OPC is claiming this is wear and tear, and not covered by warranty.

Surely friction material separation from the brake shoe cannot be regarded as normal?

Anyone with any experience of this issue?

This happened on 2 out of the 4 shoes - see photo.

Attachments

• bshoe.jpg
    bshoe.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 6
I assume it's because the E-brake was too tight and thus causing this which looks like wear and corrosion

not a normal Porsche problem, but holds a TINY risk with E-brakes set up

it's not wear IMHO, it's who ever set up the electronic parking brake previously

OPC originally changed my discs 25K miles ago.
Not sure if the brake shoes were recalibrated or not at this point.
Anyway, 25K miles later the shoes have fallen apart because the friction material has separated from the backplate of the shoes. This has caused damage to the inside of the discs and other parts.
Dealer has now replaced all affected parts and has reset the system. Not sure who is taking the cost, but it isn't me.
Extremely pleased at this as an outcome, and many thanks to the OPC for delivering extraordinary customer satisfaction.

OPC originally changed my discs 25K miles ago.
Not sure if the brake shoes were recalibrated or not at this point.
Anyway, 25K miles later the shoes have fallen apart because the friction material has separated from the backplate of the shoes. This has caused damage to the inside of the discs and other parts.
Dealer has now replaced all affected parts and has reset the system. Not sure who is taking the cost, but it isn't me.
Extremely pleased at this as an outcome, and many thanks to the OPC for delivering extraordinary customer satisfaction.
that's a result for the OPC to acknowledge the issue I've highlighted, as they know with E-Brakes the customer no longer cause issues outside of it's expected life

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back