Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Parking brake fault

I did ask if the parking brake shoes were inspected as part of regular services - the answer was "no".
So the reality is the first time you will notice an issue is when something goes wrong with the parking park, e.g., failing to release at all, the car rolling back of its own accord, strange noises and/or over-heating discs.
A bit amiss of Porsche in terms of basic design and serviceability principles. In fact, worse than poor.

I did ask if the parking brake shoes were inspected as part of regular services - the answer was "no".
So the reality is the first time you will notice an issue is when something goes wrong with the parking park, e.g., failing to release at all, the car rolling back of its own accord, strange noises and/or over-heating discs.
A bit amiss of Porsche in terms of basic design and serviceability principles. In fact, worse than poor.
electric parking brake shoes need to be inspected at every service IMHO

more and more faults are occurring, same basic issue, whilst it's not dangerous, it wears the brakes out unnecessarily

Strange question but is it good to use the parking brake on these cars regularly or to avoid it (my car is PDK so can use "P" instead most of the time). I only ask as I have a RR Sport with a similar parking brake and I never use it and have never had any issues with it but I can understand that it might be good to cycle the system?

Always
Strange question but is it good to use the parking brake on these cars regularly or to avoid it (my car is PDK so can use "P" instead most of the time). I only ask as I have a RR Sport with a similar parking brake and I never use it and have never had any issues with it but I can understand that it might be good to cycle the system?
Have always used the parking brake in conjunction with the 'P' function on the PDK box when the car is parked up.

In the case of my own brake shoes, the metal shoe to friction material bond had failed and allowed water between the 2 surfaces. This eventually allowed the friction to drop away from the metal. My point to the OPC is that this is actually a manufacturing defect and made worse by the fact that it isn't even inspected on regular services

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back