Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Original Upgraded CAT fitted

decgraham

Albert Park
Hi All,

Well I've finally finished fitting the original CAT back on the car after getting it back from Gert at Carnewal a few weeks back. It now runs on a 200 cell CAT. I took the rear bumper off as I had some ar**hole run up the back of me a few weeks back so I needed to take the rear bumper off to deliver to the body shop for painting, nothing too serious just scuffs. I choose to do the removal and refitting as I know my car. The body shop had no problem with that and just supplied me with the spare pars required which was a centre lens and a number plate light, nothing major. All done under the other parties Insurance I'm pleased to say.

I have to send out a big thank you to Guards Red for telling me where I could find the correct connector to mate up with the lambda probe with the 1 meter cable, a SAAB part believe it or not. I originally had a block connector which I fitted when I modified the car to take a lambda back in 2010. I've kept the after market CAT but it's done well for 11 years, never failed an emission test. However, nice to have the original back on.

No major change in sound but the car feels a bit more responsive, so I'm happy with the upgrade.

A few pics of the work done attached.

ATB :)

Attachments

• new_cat_installed_208.jpeg
    new_cat_installed_208.jpeg
    365.7 KB · Views: 1,954
  • saab_connector_in_palce_1_114.jpeg
    saab_connector_in_palce_1_114.jpeg
    395.7 KB · Views: 1,954
  • wires_soldered_and_shrink_sealed_539.jpeg
    wires_soldered_and_shrink_sealed_539.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 1,954
  • old_cat_removed_211.jpeg
    old_cat_removed_211.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 1,954
Seems you are forever messing around with the cats on this car :grin:

Hope this solution is more finite.

dommorton said:
Seems you are forever messing around with the cats on this car :grin:

Hope this solution is more finite.

You and me both dom :lol: Hopefully I won't be touching it again in my lifetime. Just happy that it's back to as built with the original CAT.

Hi,

I'm glad you sorted it out and it'a all working. There's a few Mercedes badged items in a 993 and, if my memory serves me right, the number plate lights are BMW.

That's all from a time Porsche were a small sportscar manufacturer who used parts from whereever where quality wasn't an issue.

These days, though VAG, they bend the world to their needs. I suspect everything will be Porsche with Audi/VAG sensors. :thumbs:

wilsonny said:
Are you expecting any issues with emissions at mot time ?

Hi wilsonny,

In communications with Gert he told me it will pass EU emissions test. I'll have to wait and see until the car is due its ITV (MOT) here in Spain next May 2023 or get it checked at a local garage here. Fingers crossed all is OK. However, I still have the after market CAT if needed. Having had the CAT off a few times now it's not a big job for me :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newbieporsche
Back