Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Porsche Wilmslow

chicb said:
Jules, here is the scenario from their point of view
"Hey, Boss, just had an email from someone who bought a pair of side skirts, one is damaged"
"Get him to bring it in & we will swop it out"
"He fitted it to the car & used the car"
"What, how do we know when it was damaged, we cannot even send it back to the supplier for a refund as they will ask the same question"
"How much has he spent here in the past
"Nothing"
"Reply saying there is nothing we can do"

As I said before , go in & explain your reasons, if he seems to be a car guy tell him how you enjoy modifying your cars, show him your pics even discuss your rear spoiler & impress on him you will be spending a lot in the future if you can come to a satisfactory conclusion. I think the best you can achieve is a new one at cost price

Yes all valid points :thumb:
Just a gesture would be nice, worse case scenario

From first reading of your dilemma, I thought exactly as chib typed of in the imagined dealership discussions and was surprised to read that my thinking could be so far off that which others thought... :?:

I hope you can arrive at an amicable solution and soon.

As most have said, pop in and have a chat with them.
Ive always had great service from parts and the service department.
yep, have to book early if you need a service but its not like the service comes as a surprise so can easily book well in advance.

eme160 said:
yep, have to book early if you need a service but its not like the service comes as a surprise so can easily book well in advance.

Great to book early, but if a tin of beans is 85p at Aldi and a quid at Tesco im off to Aldi :grin:

spongebob squarepants said:
eme160 said:

Great to book early, but if a tin of beans is 85p at Aldi and a quid at Tesco im off to Aldi :grin:

To continue the metaphor: the tin of beans might be made in Kazakstan.

Julesturbo said:
isysman said:
I've had a great relationship with the guys in servicing and Wilmslow over the years. I'm on first name terms with most of them and it's surprising to hear you're not having a good time with them.

I would never have fitted a part to my car if it was damaged. I would have put the old one back on. Yes you'd have one on each side that was different but nobody would really know.

Alistair is the parts manager, so ask to speak to him.

So you are telling me you would fit a part and do 300 miles that was flapping under the car ? I tried it back on and the underneath where the clips had broke it was not holding it firm to the car. I was worried the wind may get under and rip it off. Maybe you are more daring than me :lol:

I think the problem is you fitted it and drove around with it on. If you'd taken it back right away they would have changed it I'm certain.

Right' firstly i would like to say a massive thank you to everyone for the advice :thumb:
It gave me the kick up the bum i needed to go and see them and stop stewing on it :roll:
Receptionist again was lovely, Alastair is on holiday for a couple of days, so they sent down Geoff from parts.
He was night and day from the first guy i dealt with and very apologetic and polite.
He explained the normal procedure with faulty parts which i think we all know the correct procedure but i explained my scenario.
Anyway i am getting a replacement part FOC as a good will gesture which i am grateful for.

I decided to price up the later gt3 rs rear quater scoop/vents, £550 each plus vat :eek: So i think i will hold back on those for a whie :lol: :lol:

Excellent news.
And just as a gentle nudge perhaps edit the title of thread if you reach a satisfactory outcome. :thumbs:

kas750 said:
Excellent news.
And just as a gentle nudge perhaps edit the title of thread if you reach a satisfactory outcome. :thumbs:

Yes I'm very pleased with the outcome cheers, and you are right.
So i have tried to edit it but either I'm being thick or its not possible to do in the section. :?:

Julesturbo said:
Right' firstly i would like to say a massive thank you to everyone for the advice :thumb:
It gave me the kick up the bum i needed to go and see them and stop stewing on it :roll:
Receptionist again was lovely, Alastair is on holiday for a couple of days, so they sent down Geoff from parts.
He was night and day from the first guy i dealt with and very apologetic and polite.
He explained the normal procedure with faulty parts which i think we all know the correct procedure but i explained my scenario.
Anyway i am getting a replacement part FOC as a good will gesture which i am grateful for.

I decided to price up the later gt3 rs rear quater scoop/vents, £550 each plus vat :eek: So i think i will hold back on those for a whie :lol: :lol:

Geoff is another good member of the team. Dealt with him lots over the years. Glad you got it sorted.

I decided to price up the later gt3 rs rear quater scoop/vents, £550 each plus vat Surprised So i think i will hold back on those

Remember to check the box first :hand: :floor:

Good result on the side step, pleased for you

chicb said:
I decided to price up the later gt3 rs rear quater scoop/vents, £550 each plus vat Surprised So i think i will hold back on those

Remember to check the box first :hand: :floor:

Good result on the side step, pleased for you

It was the first thing that actually went through my mind :floor:
Lesson very well much learnt on this one :lol:

Thanks for the good advice :thumb:

isysman said:
Julesturbo said:

Geoff is another good member of the team. Dealt with him lots over the years. Glad you got it sorted.

Many thanks, and yes i have his card now so i can stick with him :lol:

Julesturbo said:
kas750 said:
Excellent news.

So i have tried to edit it but either I'm being thick or its not possible to do in the section. :?:
Edit the title on your first post of this topic :thumb:

Julesturbo said:
kas750 said:
Excellent news.

I've edited the thread title for you Jules.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
concept303
Back