Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC or Indy - 12yr service / maintenance

emohawk11

Trainee
Hello,

I'm trying to understand whether either choice affects the future resale value of the car ? It's done 55k miles, Carrera S 991.1

OPC £1900 (Full Service, Spark plugs, PDQ clutch fluid, brake fluid)
Indy £1350 (same as above, also includes drive belt replacement)

I get the impression there's some negotiating / wiggle room with the OPC price if needed (probably 10%)

Jeez! 991's are 12 years old..
They are still the latest thing in my mind :dont know: :eek:ld: :hammer:

Thank you for sharing the thread where this was previously discussed.

it seemed an obvious question to me so I had done a forum search before posting but too many results were returned to see it.

Hi
Just had my 997.2 4s PDK 12 year service with brake fluid & belt change at Bolton OPC where cheaper than both my local indy's i have used over the years, but not sure they did a better job on the little things, they advised that there was surface rust on the edge of all my discs & Tyre's below manufactures limits , but when i asked them if that would be wire brushed of they and are my tyre's illegal they said no, my local Indy not only wire brushed nut runs a drill through the holes.
But he did say the OPC stamps are worth more than his when it comes to re-sale.
There is also wiggle room with OPC's as well, just ask lots of questions so no hidden surprises.

Dean

Hard to believe a 991 needs a 12 year service. Doesn't seem that long ago they came out.

If it were me, I'd go with a Porsche independent.

In a similar position. 2012 991 S, full service history to date. 85,000 miles.
Considering age and mileage thinking of doing next service myself.
What are people's thoughts?

eme160 said:
In a similar position. 2012 991 S, full service history to date. 85,000 miles.
Considering age and mileage thinking of doing next service myself.
What are people's thoughts?

I think 'self servicing' would devalue your car significantly. Of course, that will only matter if/when you decide to sell.

Have to check every time imo, if not switched to Indy.

I had my 12 year couple of years ago and there was c.£150 difference in pricing after negotiation, so stayed with OPC.

This year however, price was half and a no brainier to go Indy from now on. OPC prices at my local (South London) have shot up recently. Same for the Macan.

emohawk11 said:
Hello,

I'm trying to understand whether either choice affects the future resale value of the car ? It's done 55k miles, Carrera S 991.1

OPC £1900 (Full Service, Spark plugs, PDQ clutch fluid, brake fluid)
Indy £1350 (same as above, also includes drive belt replacement)

I get the impression there's some negotiating / wiggle room with the OPC price if needed (probably 10%)

Which OPC quoted £1900? Mines due in a few months and I was just quoted £2800

Why has no-one mentioned the potential resale effect of possibly disqualifying the car from an OPC warranty for the next owner :dont know:

OttoOtto said:
Why has no-one mentioned the potential resale effect of possibly disqualifying the car from an OPC warranty for the next owner :dont know:

I think because we're getting to the end of when a warranty can be applied <15yrs.

It's a reasonable assumption that a car at 12yrs old may have had any issues sorted before then, plus a lot of items that you might expect are covered under warranty are not due to 'wear and tear' etc. which includes radiator condensors and some pipework. A fault from corrosion is not necessarily a warranty issue.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back