Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC and responsibility

Slayer

Estoril
I booked my 991 for a recall regarding heat shield retrofit at a local OPC.
I was surprised to read the confirmation email stating that they will not be responsible for any stone / wind screen chips, punctures etc while the technician checks the car ( test drive).
Never seen this before.. Is it a new OPC policy?
:?:

New one on me.
Event driven from customer/OPC argument in the recent past I expect.
Notwithstanding that if it happens to be a new policy it's still good practice to ensure that the OPC check the condition of your Porsche when you're leaving it with them.

I wonder if this is isolated to just one OPC or if it's throughout the UK.
Either way, thanks for the reminder OP, I need to get booked in too. :thumb:

:wack: that's the slap I'm going to get from T8 for the edit.

I wonder if the same policy applies to their loan vehicles?

nigel99 said:
I wonder if the same policy applies to their loan vehicles?

Good point :thumb:

My OPC picked up a puncture in one of my front tyres while test driving it after a major service in Nov. They phoned me explained what had happened and stated that they would replace it with a new tyre FOC.

Ended up with a brand new matching MPSS from them and persuaded them to fit two new MPSS rear tyres that I supplied (all non N rated)..... overall I was impressed with the level of service.

May well have changed their t&cs since, will take more interest in what I am signing next time I am in there :thumb:

maph said:
My OPC picked up a puncture in one of my front tyres while test driving it after a major service in Nov. They phoned me explained what had happened and stated that they would replace it with a new tyre FOC.

Ended up with a brand new matching MPSS from them and persuaded them to fit two new MPSS rear tyres that I supplied (all non N rated)..... overall I was impressed with the level of service.

May well have changed their t&cs since, will take more interest in what I am signing next time I am in there :thumb:

Oh in addition they would charge £150/- per day for storage if the owner fails to collect the vehicle after a time frame as well🤷"â™€ï¸

Slayer said:
maph said:

Oh in addition they would charge £150/- per day for storage if the owner fails to collect the vehicle after a time frame as well🤷"â™€ï¸

Which OPC is this?

maph said:

This is good service.

Let me give you an example of appalling service from a dealer (not Porsche). I once arrived just before end of business hours on a Friday to pick up a car from the dealer, and it had a flat tyre ... a completely-deflated-sitting-on-the-rim flat tyre.

I went back inside, and do you know what they said? 'It came in that way'.

And then, when I was asking to see the workshop manager and the service manager, I could literally see guys nipping out the back door ... and guess who they were?

To cut a long story short, it was a company lease car, and on the Monday I arranged for my company to cancel the lease and return the car at no cost. :evil:

The importer and dealer lost the national franchise a year or so later. I wonder why. :what:

pzero said:
Slayer said:
maph said:

Which OPC is this?

OPC Exeter

Slayer said:
pzero said:
Slayer said:
maph said:

Which OPC is this?

OPC Exeter

Thanks.

Booked in for retrofitting of the heat shield, at Hatfield.

By the sounds of it I received a confirmatory email similar to Slayer - OPC absolving themselves of responsibility for any stone chip damage, puncture etc. Strict timings for dropping off and collection, threat of financial penalties for late pick up, loss of booked slot if not dropping vehicle off at the booked time.

When I made the booking I asked the question posed by nigel99 - the initial answer was a negative one, but this position seemed to soften fairly quickly. Conversation is key when dealing with those looking after your car.

They're running evening shifts, up to 10pm, at Hatfield to cater for loss of work space due to their safe distance working policy.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back