Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil radiator cooler fan housing 993

Mabster

Hello, the oil cooler fan housing under both front wings of my 1996 993 C4 have the fan rubbing at bottom of frame between the 5 and 7 o’clock position, but the fan has at least 4mm clearance every else around the housing. Is this a common problem? Is the remedy a new housing or are both fans badly mounted? (I think they both work!)

Attachments

• IMG_0750.png
    IMG_0750.png
    7.6 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0749.png
    IMG_0749.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0750.png
    IMG_0750.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 19
An age related issue for the rubbers, which need fixing or gluing back

Thanks for the input. I’ll strip down and check the rubbers but maybe time for new fan housings?

I had this problem on the fan cowling for the oil cooler. As I recall it was due to one of the bolts being overtightened, cracking the cowling and allowing it to distort. I did try a repair which didn't really work, so replaced it with a new unit when I did the oil lines.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashton911
Back