Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

No Power to Passenger Door

l5tuy

Evening All

I'm having an Interesting problem and wondered if any could help out?

At first I noticed the passenger window didn't work on switch (and is sitting high so hits the frame on door opening), then realised the electric mirror and door courtesy light don't work. Any ideas or common problems your aware of? At first I assumed it's a fuse, but presume each function, i.e. windows or mirrors would be on their own circuits?

Thought I'd ask on here before pulling things to bits tomorrow :)

Stu

Those are all items that the door control unit is in charge of .. check fuse A1 and A2 first off please .

It's possible an earth wire has broken to the control unit .. its possible many thing have happened im afraid but i personally would start with the fuses then move onto the power feeds / earths for the door control unit .

I expect if you can read the fault codes that this door CU will have a no communication fault .. ie its not working .

Appreciate the feedback DeMort.

Unfortunately it wasn't the fuses, so I'll have to start fault finding next weekend when I have daylight (I hate this clocks going back nonsense, dark at 5pm).

Is the control module for the door in the door itself?

Cheers

Stuart

Indeed it is .. door card off .. you actually unplug the card from the door CU to remove it .

Pm me an email if you need a diagram .. not UK but something is better than nothing :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPD
Back