Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nine Excellence and my 997.1 Turbo

911TEL said:
I like the anthracite on a BB car ..... I would like a set of these 5 stud GT2 wheels if anyone knows of a set for sale .... drop me a PM...................

Try some of the German eBay websites. Google translate is your friend... :floor:

I picked up a set about a month ago which had been wrongly advertised as GT3 wheels (They were cheaper because of it!). Seller delivered them direct to Chris@ExelWheels for €60 :thumb:

Just make sure the rears are et51, as the narrow body cars still have a 12J wheel but with a suitably different offset.

Shewie said:
IMI A said:
Wheels look cool K :thumb:

I bottled Weiss Gold recently on my BBS F1s ;)

I bottled the F1s when I saw the price... :floor:

Would love a set as they are by far the best wheels I've seen on a Turbo. :cloud9: If the car is black/black I think Weiss Gold would look great. I was so close to pulling the trigger

:floor: :grin: - they do turn up in the classifieds from time to time. Friend picked a set up off 6speedonline/rennlist for £2500!

Apollo that other 9e 28 you mentioned was sold on for £68,995 when it was retailed - not bad for a car with nearly 60k miles albeit with an amazing recent 9e forged engine build :)

isysman said:
apollokre1d said:
isysman said:
Nice thread by the way. Only just found it.

Thanks mate, I still have the breaks, suspension and some interior bits to do on it but I'm enjoying the process :)

When I changed the suspension it was the final modification that made me feel like I was driving a different car. It brought all the mods together, and transformed the car to make it feel like it looked if that makes sense.

I'd recommend the Ohlins. Tech9 set up my car so well, and it's amazing to drive.

I'm still tempted to have the 9e package done on my car. But my house purchase and new Boxster means it will have to wait.

Cheers Isysman. I'd have them in a GT type fun car like yours. Have them in a 991 and they're really comfortable when you're in them but u have to be ultra careful getting and out so not to ruin the bolster. Its a chore to get in and out of them and I've also tried them with lowering brackets in a 997 and I still feel I'm sitting higher than in my comforts. I bottled the GT2 aero like yours too. When pricing up via Teile or OPC (with 25% trade discount to body shop it was still extortionately dear). For the same money as aero plus paint and fit you could buy a 997 turbo with 55,000 miles!!!! I think yours is always going to be a very unique 911. I don't think you'd be able to get conversion done for what you managed to get yours done for the same money to GT2 RS spec in the current market as Porsche making it very difficult to get GT parts without paying through the nose. Just the parts via OPC and only to GT2 spec not RS was £25,000 inc vat. Then paint and fit as part of a full glass out respray. You did well there ;)

As you saw in my thread, there are many parts underneath that cost a lot of money that you probably didn't factor in to that pricing. I don't think I did my conversion for any cheaper than it would cost today apart from luckily finding the rear wing for less than a new one (still cost thousands though). You are correct that for the conversion you could probably buy a 997 Turbo. I've said this before, If I'd had to pay it one go I never would have done it. The fact I spread it over 3-4 years meant I was able to stomach it.

Apollo has the list of parts OPC sent us for GT2 aero. didnt seem as comprehensive as the list you posted up and it still came to 25k :sad:

Yours is a one off. Can't see many people doing it properly like yours :thumbs:

Thanks for sharing. Car looks great on the black wheels.

I'd really love to own a turbo at some point!

Agreed, it does look so good on anthracite wheels!

Are the rear lights tinted red with a vinyl?

I did the red lights and anthracite wheels to my MX5 years ago, now thinking of doing the 911 the same!

IMI A said:
Apollo has the list of parts OPC sent us for GT2 aero. didnt seem as comprehensive as the list you posted up and it still came to 25k :sad:
My heart stopped when I saw that quote.... £10887 just for the read deck lid :eek: - Isysman got a bargain with his.

IMI A said:
Apollo that other 9e 28 you mentioned was sold on for £68,995 when it was retailed - not bad for a car with nearly 60k miles albeit with an amazing recent 9e forged engine build :)
That was such a bargain, that car also had the Bilstein damptronics too.

Nine excellence are selling another 9e28 with very low miles and the Bilsteins plus that eye wateringly expensive exhaust.

martin.997.C4S said:
Thanks for sharing. Car looks great on the black wheels. I'd really love to own a turbo at some point!
My pleasure and thanks for the kind words :thumbs: So much you can do with the turbo's performance wise in addition to all the bits on the 997 platform.

PGD said:
Agreed, it does look so good on anthracite wheels!
Are the rear lights tinted red with a vinyl?

They really look good and I am happy with them :)

The rear tail lights are OEM and were an option on our cars, there is a set for sale here... http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1421945#1421945

Apollo,

I am rethinking weheels too. Why glossy and not satin finish to the wheels?

I also fancied Weiss Gold and Chris was not very reassuring about the colour. I suspect he is protecting the Weiss Gold market :judge:

Colour is so hard to choose. Finish is just as bad. Ugh.

I may never do it... just talk about it LOL

Hey mate,

Chris did try and talk me into weiss gold (showed me a few pictures) and I wanted to do it because I do like the way it looks on the GT2 and GT3 but I just couldn't see it working on my car and he had not done them for a turbo yet... but if I ever get an areokit i'll definitely revisit that.

As for Satan vs Gloss... that was a tough choice, I was at work and had to make a decision and ended up just going with Chris's recommendation based on how it looked from pictures of ones he had recently done.
They really look good up close and change colour a little depending on the light. TBH I think I would have been equally happy with either.

apollokre1d said:
Hey mate,

Chris did try and talk me into weiss gold (showed me a few pictures) and I wanted to do it because I do like the way it looks on the GT2 and GT3 but I just couldn't see it working on my car and he had not done them for a turbo yet... but if I ever get an areokit i'll definitely revisit that.

As for Satan vs Gloss... that was a tough choice, I was at work and had to make a decision and ended up just going with Chris's recommendation based on how it looked from pictures of ones he had recently done.
They really look good up close and change colour a little depending on the light. TBH I think I would have been equally happy with either.

Chris has so much experience he is worth listening to. 👍 I guess we are all at the bleading edge when we use a finish on a type of wheel that has not been done before. It's a gamble.

Indeed, it was tough enough trying to decide between weiss gold and anthracite... picking between Satan and Gloss was a bit too much :)

Superb!

This has really got me thinking about a 997 Turbo.. :?:

I already go to 9E for servicing on my 997 and once it's ready, my 964 so naturally, I'd have to do the same as you and add on the 9e options to the service, it helps that they're only 20 mins away too.

Yours is looking amazing, I bet it f@cking flies!!

I need to try one out!

apollokre1d said:
Indeed, it was tough enough trying to decide between weiss gold and anthracite... picking between Satan and Gloss was a bit too much :)

:cough: Chris told me you had Platinum Gloss. Who is confused? :roll: :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back