Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nick's C2S Modding Thread

Re: 993

stichill99 said:
That is a stunning photo Nick! EVO magazine quality :thumb:

Thanks Andy, hope you're well

nickjonesn4 said:
chucknorris said:
nickjonesn4 said:
nickjonesn4 said:
New A/C & heater panel in anodized black from Carbone fitted today. Works really well, massive improvement in function over original and looks nice. Very good quality as ever from the guys at Carbone.

MOT pass today also with no advisories.

I have been looking into these was it easy to fit ?

10 minute job. Comes with the tools to remove the old unit

Looks cool - doesn't look any more intuitive than the old style. Three main dials 0-9, 0-6 & 0-4 replacing two dials and two sliders. That's more confusing especially if one dial now replaces the two sliders? What do each of the three dials control?

Tobesetc said:
nickjonesn4 said:
chucknorris said:
nickjonesn4 said:
nickjonesn4 said:
New A/C & heater panel in anodized black from Carbone fitted today. Works really well, massive improvement in function over original and looks nice. Very good quality as ever from the guys at Carbone.

MOT pass today also with no advisories.

I have been looking into these was it easy to fit ?

10 minute job. Comes with the tools to remove the old unit

Looks cool - doesn't look any more intuitive than the old style. Three main dials 0-9, 0-6 & 0-4 replacing two dials and two sliders. That's more confusing especially if one dial now replaces the two sliders? What do each of the three dials control?

Left dial is fan speed
Middle dial is direction of air and also max fan output when turned fully clockwise
Right dial is temperature

Its much easier to use especially at night

Hello All,

Not far off a year since I Iast posted! Been enjoying the car as usual in the meantime, mainly for some epic runs in Scotland including the NC500 in October last year.

Only had a few bits and pieces done in the meantime, new Michelins on the back and replaced the original Ohlins DFV lower legs and Tarrett drop links with the replacement legs Ohlins sent me and Porsche drop links. The set up was put back to the suspension settings that RPM Technik developed for my car back in 2018/19. The Tarrets had a load of play in them and here's why...

Finally I noticed that the car was significantly down on top end power when it cam out of winter hibernation. A trip to Chipwizards on Monday this week and 3 hours of Wayne's time have resulted in getting 50BHP and 25LB FT of torque. Not all through the remap of course, Wayne identified two small parts of the Varioram system that were draining power; Vacuum Unit and Vacuum Unit Changeover Valve. Car is back to driving as it should with added low down flexibility and Wayne is a cool guy

Here's a were pic post wash from a recent run, now at 96,000 miles

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back