Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Next Modification: Improve sound system (Bose) in 997.2

markz86

Monza
All,

after having a 991 Targa 4S as a loan car, i've realised how poor our BOSE system is.

I have already improved the sound quality of the rear sub by lining it with dynamat and now plan to go a step further.

Since i'll be removing the door cards to fit Alcantara door pulls / storage pocket lids anyway, i figured that i'll line the doors with dynamat also (not dynamite as the autocorrect wants me to do) as well as changing out the 4" speaker for a set of these (others on reenlist have had good results)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360685453950?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I could change the door subs while i'm there. and the rears / tweeters too but figured this should make a decent improvement in sound clarity without being too expensive.

I'll try and do a before / after video to "show" any improvement in sound.

anyone else done anything similar?

Let us know how you get on and what the improvement is like as might do the same myself. I'm a technophobe so would need an installer do it for me.

By the way can anyone suggest a good Bluetooth Auxiliary adapter for the 997.2 as would like to be able to play my Spotify music through the PCM.

I fitted a set of Focal 4" speakers in the doors they did make quite a bit of difference. Mine is a 997.1 with Bose. I also lined the rear sub with dynamat.
The Focal speakers I choose were about £100 plus can't remember the exact model of them though.
The improvement was worth it ...just.
Biggest improvement was replacing the Pcm head unit with an Alpine unit.
None of this though gets anywhere near the quality of the Bang & Oulfson setup in my Audi A4!!

The Dragonmeister said:
You might want to add a good sounding amp like a Genesis......

I'm trying to steer away from any additional electronics.

I noticed quite an improvement when i lined my rear sub with dynamite so hoping that lining the doors and replacing the speakers will make enough difference for me to be content.

I've borrowed an A4 with B&O and i can quite understand, it would take some system to beat that!

I've seen and read a decent chunk of that thread, I think I'll start of with the front door 4 inch speakers / dynamite and work from there, will also add some dynamite behind the rear speakers as this looks like quite a simple job too.

I don't think the Bose is terrible by any means, just looking for an incremental upgrade at minimal cost for the moment.

I don't have the patience to manufacture the rear speaker mounts or solder / cut the wires for the dash tweeters so hopefully my current plan should provide a decent lift.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janders365
Back