Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My Red 964 C4 - The Next Chapter

God knows how there's any guards red paint left :grin:

Ian

igaffz said:

Ian

Im sure Garry can find some to give your car the once-over Ian :eek:

Dont fight the 90's look...

lrgscaleFDF_EM-3202.JPG

deutschland-dobson said:
igaffz said:

Ian

Im sure Garry can find some to give your car the once-over Ian :eek:

Dont fight the 90's look...

lrgscaleFDF_EM-3202.JPG

My Gosh that was a 1970's Middlesboro' Strip!! I soooooo wanted that as a young lad! What possessed me?!

back on the road

Well gents it's back on the road!!!!

A quick recap on what has taken place during the restoration project that has taken (for what seems to me) a lifetime!

The main reason for undertaking the re-spray was major rust behind the shark fin on the LHS, so a new rear quarter panel has been fitted. Also rust bubbles around the rear screen, rear lights and a few spots around the right rear wheel arch. A front bumper that looked like it had been in a dog fight, and mismatched paintwork between the front wings and bonnet, badly oxidised and chipped door handles and the black window trims all contributed to the need for a full re-spray.

When the work started, repair work was also required to the rhs drivers sill and rhs quarter panel due to a bad repair at some point in the cars history. Also the jacking points have been repaired as they had seen better days.

I have done away with the flag mirrors and fitted some aeros as they suit the shape of the 964 much better. Also fitted new rear lights and central reflector along with new bumper and sill seals etc as required.

New Billstien suspension fitted with H&R 964 turbo springs and everything set to RS ride height or there abouts. I have had twists refurbished in Porsche Satin Platinum (colour option available on the 991)

So this is what we started with ......

9645010840_3ffb1a24d1_z.jpg

And this is what we have finished up with .. (sorry for the phone pics)

15905250742_b1ccb55402_z.jpg

15905913145_c2107a58ca_z.jpg

15718599230_149f4d3e1f_z.jpg

15880119556_60a76dffd6_z.jpg

15905279012_a42a548ce9_z.jpg

I'm chuffed to bits with the finished results and it now looks mean and purposeful as a 964 should.

8)

It looks absolutely mint mate! Wheels look spot on :thumbs:
Bet your having a good weekend!

Ian

Well done Mike , she deserved it :) the car looks stunning with the new mirrors , paint and suspension , lots done in one go , here's to another 25 years :thumb:

Good as new :thumb:

Cheers,
Paul

Another one restored to former glory excellent :thumb: car is looking fab and good to hear your delighted with your efforts and spending a few of the hard earned no doubt and do you know its worth more because its red :grin:

How fantastic, love the colour of the wheels :thumb:
Another one ready for another 20 years of 964 fun :worship:

Looks stunning Mike, well done mate....now enjoy it!!

Looks the business.

Not sure on the change from flags, or the grey wheels, but delighted that she is getting the love she deserves.

:thumb:

Wow, quite literally like a new car!

Hope you're making up for missed time this weekend :)

Chris

Thanks for the kind words fellas. it has been torture this past 3 months without it, especially after organising the 911uk drive out and no 911!!!

Hope to get out and about more tomorrow and enjoy it again, and hopefully get a few decent pics to do it justice.

Just looking at the pic of it at my unit.

I really miss that car.

:sad:

I've decided I can accept the change to teardrops, more suits the lowered stance.

The rear wheels look like they fill the arches more, I assume its the lowering, you haven't fitted spacers have you?

I knew you'd like it eventually Pete :)
No spacers fitted yet, they may be a future addition, just going to enjoy it as it is now for a year then see where the slippery slope takes me!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prime007
Back