Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My miserable DANSK sport box experience - now RESULT!!!

Shower of shite springs to mind Alex :thumb:

sometimes its not worth the stress mate although i understand its the principle....just weld them and move on i say

I can't understand their logic. Its gonna cost me about £130 to sort out. Possibly cost them far more in sales and, for example, ECP contact me yesterday, at the 11th hour, trying to achieve some sort of damage limitation for themselves, then start haggling with me over a few hundred quid. The fact the person who contacted me yesterday didn't even follow through with the follow-up call and passed it on to his lackey shows the complete lack of focus, ownership and accountabilty when resolving issues.

And as for 9 Apart :nooo:

Well I was considering Dansk but definitely will not buy now.

Thanks for the heads-up, Alex.

"Seeing as the dealer I purchased the car from after I'd paid the deposit on it and haggled they fit new back boxes on the car as part of the purchase fit them, it could be argued I wasn't the original owner of them."

:eh!:

Alex, do you have the wording of the 5 year warranty? Because surely the meaning of it is to offer that protection to the end consumer? And the boxes on your car have only had one of those, you. In fact any Dansk box fitted by them where they've been paid by the garage then the consumer pays the garage would also not apply. And that doesn't sound right to me.

Do you have written evidence that the boxes were purchased after you paid your deposit? Because I think a small claims against ECP may move things along (as a last resort as it's a faff but it's also a lottery for ECP).

Anyway my point is it sounds mealy mouthed what they're saying and I'd be pressing for the warranty that I think is yours :thumb:

Thanks for the advice Paul. Yes I totally agree, I also have all documented evidence, even down to the card machine receipt from the deposit. I really can't be bothered progressing any further with this and believe that this thread will cost all parties much more than any claim will.

I'll be a few quid out of pocket, them a few grand, so more fool them. My main concern now is that other consumers don't get the same treatment I did and hopefully this thread goes toward making that happen.

You're choice Alex, but it's incredible they're not honouring their 5 year guarantee. Does this mean any Dansk exhausts installed by garages who order them for their customers who then pay them for fitting and the part (the boxes) aren't covered for 5 yrs? As that's what they seem to be telling you. :dont know:

But at the end of the day it's your call. :thumbs:

(FYI the small claims procedure is both easy and non requiring of a solicitor. It's all done online now. A well known seller on here sold me a faulty part they refused to refund. A small claims letter later and I got my refund. Had I the time last year I'd have happily let it go to court. More risk on their part than mine and all that. But I didn't as I had more pressing matters to deal with :desk: :eek: :thumb: )

Think I'll get under mine and spray them with ACF50 - although I'm more convinced it'll be rotting inside out rather than outside in.

Alex , mate I am sorry the out come with Dansk was so poor for you and for other that have posted on here, I don't want to rub salt in, but its important that future readers of this post know that not all exhaust manufacturers for our cars are the same as Dansk and that there are ones that offer a far better service.
Here is my post about my experience at Topgear Exhausts today .

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1308141#1308141

No problem Phil. I just came here myself to pst your thread saying this is how it should be done. :thumb:

I was also going to state the likes of ECP, 9 Apart and DANSK are probably reading this thread and they may have learnt a thing or 2 from it, but I wouldn't be at all surpirsed if they weren't :nooo:

On the upside, I'm just waiting for the phone to ring from my trusted mechanic telling me the car is ready to collect. Fully serviced with new oil, filters & plugs and a back box with an 'arf decent flexi pipe on it.

He's only done one side (the faulty one) yet to see if everything's ok with it, then we'll take it from there.

:thumbs:

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: - bought Dansks last year!

4b4 said:
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: - bought Dansks last year!

Hey it's OK don't worry you just need to take appropriate precautions. Keep the car unused in a hermetically sealed environment and you can't go wrong.

:?: I don't understand the 5 year warranty. The vehicle owner has no direct relevance. It's not a physical moving part as such that you can directly influence the longevity.

As for stating who bought the product will void the warranty is the most stupidest response I've ever heard.

The fact is they claim their product will last 5 years, so it won't have any affect if you own the car for 5 years and cover 30000mls or if it has 10 owners and covers 30000mls.

Oh I'd take them to the small claims court MCOL, let a County Court Judge hear their ridiculous defense.

You've paid good hard earned money, don't allow them to bully you with such nonsense

alex yates said:
No problem Phil. I just came here myself to pst your thread saying this is how it should be done. :thumb:

I was also going to state the likes of ECP, 9 Apart and DANSK are probably reading this thread and they may have learnt a thing or 2 from it, but I wouldn't be at all surpirsed if they weren't :nooo:

On the upside, I'm just waiting for the phone to ring from my trusted mechanic telling me the car is ready to collect. Fully serviced with new oil, filters & plugs and a back box with an 'arf decent flexi pipe on it.

He's only done one side (the faulty one) yet to see if everything's ok with it, then we'll take it from there.

:thumbs:

Keep us posted on if its sorted with the flexis mate.
Further up your thread is a very interesting point about if the exhaust was brought by your indy to fit to your car but you paid for the exhaust and fitting after the job was done would the warranty not be honoured as it wasn't you that brought the exhaust from the supplier
:?: :dont know:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pands
Back