Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My brain hurts... 991 GT3

Is it too far to go and look and drive at both cars? That would be a great way to figure out what you really want.

I switched those sports seats in the red car with the buckets in the white car and I love the buckets, but like I said I'm not sure how I would do on a long trip in them. Also if you are tall, say over 6'1" the buckets maybe sit too high for you. I had to buy lowering brackets to fit in my car and they are still a little higher than I would have them if they were adjustable.

I'm 6" 2 and have no problems sitting in buckets all day driving to Spa for example :thumb:

Just to also add always go for the Clubsport if your worried about future values
There's already quite a difference on the 997 cars

freddie44 said:
I'm 6" 2 and have no problems sitting in buckets all day driving to Spa for example :thumb:

Just to also add always go for the Clubsport if your worried about future values

Interesting. When I tested my new seats in my car my head was on the roof liner. I had the lowering brackets already but wanted to see what they were like standard. Even after fitting them my head is close to the roof, I would be able to get a helmet on and not touch.

Anyway this is why it would be good if the OP can go there and try both cars. They are in the same dealer.

isysman said:
freddie44 said:

Interesting. When I tested my new seats in my car my head was on the roof liner. I had the lowering brackets already but wanted to see what they were like standard. Even after fitting them my head is close to the roof, I would be able to get a helmet on and not touch.

Anyway this is why it would be good if the OP can go there and try both cars. They are in the same dealer.

Gen2 buckets were quite different, a third type of seat with airbags and tilt forwards.

Senoj said:
isysman said:
freddie44 said:

They're the ones I have.

Gen2 buckets were quite different, a third type of seat with airbags and tilt forwards.

isysman said:
Senoj said:
isysman said:
freddie44 said:

They're the ones I have.

Me too but i kinda liked the fixed carbon ones that came free in the gen1! Bit tighter but defintely lower, well at least they had two height position options.

So you sit lower in a Gen 1 997 GT3 - didnt know that :thumb:

I really love the carbon seats - same as the ones in the Carrera GT I think

The seats in a Carrera GT are much tighter then the folding ones. I drove a CGT quite a lot a few years ago and felt they were a bit snug. Prefer the folding ones.

I believe they are the same seats.

Senoj said:
Me too but i kinda liked the fixed carbon ones that came free in the gen1! Bit tighter but defintely lower, well at least they had two height position options.

Errm - I think not on that score. They were an option which IIRC weighed in at a frightening ~£4k (which it was of course mandatory to pick if you wanted the 'free' Clubsport option. I spent a lot of time on that configurator). Fixed buckets were no cost on the 996 (or rather, normal sports seats were a no-cost over the standard buckets) and folding buckets were standard on the 997.2 though. This is almost certainly why non-Clubsport 997.1s with buckets are such a comparatively rare commodity compared to other GT3 flavours I reckon.

isysman said:

I note Porsche Hatfield has a Club Sport in the right price bracket but from the pics it looks like it has a full cage. Not sure my muscular rugby-esque figure (fat) will allow me access :grin:

isysman said:
The seats in a Carrera GT are much tighter then the folding ones. I drove a CGT quite a lot a few years ago and felt they were a bit snug. Prefer the folding ones.

I believe they are the same seats.

The seats in the CGT are the same as in my GT3 (gen 1) - as discussed above these are different to the Gen 2 ones

These are Gen 1 seats (same as CGT) and the 4k "option" :grin: when spec'ing the clubsport package

large_1460195159_a263696c764fd3c4a05151447999ec844ed04e4f.jpg

$_1.JPG

Disco said:
Senoj said:

Errm - I think not on that score. They were an option which IIRC weighed in at a frightening ~£4k (which it was of course mandatory to pick if you wanted the 'free' Clubsport option. I spent a lot of time on that configurator). Fixed buckets were no cost on the 996 (or rather, normal sports seats were a no-cost over the standard buckets) and folding buckets were standard on the 997.2 though. This is almost certainly why non-Clubsport 997.1s with buckets are such a comparatively rare commodity compared to other GT3 flavours I reckon.

Free with the club sport option then. 😇 If you want a nice light seat there are plenty of really nice ones out there by Recaro, Corbeau etc that are better t
han the Porsche ones sans the Porsche tax.

HSC911 said:
Cheeky rascal, stole my pic!!!

Do you do the shipping? Sorry OP

Oops sorry about that - best one's I could find in 1 minute on google images

Lovely pictures btw :)

Shipping is no problem as long as all ready to travel
www.RacingLogisticsInternational.com

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member