Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 981 Boxster mod thread

jonttt said:
I thought the difference was in engine mapping, tweaked for the GTS, augmented by the sound symposer (a route for the sound to travel to the cabin) ie not in the exhaust itself :dont know:

There's definitely more sound externally. I found a link to a forum that shows different back boxes. I'll post when I'm home.

Zingari said:
jonttt said:
I thought the difference was in engine mapping, tweaked for the GTS, augmented by the sound symposer (a route for the sound to travel to the cabin) ie not in the exhaust itself :dont know:

Doesn't that have a slight drone in the cabin that some GTS owners have noted :dont know:

I think so.☝️

Re the exhaust back box, another easy way is to check part numbers in the PET catalogue :thumbs:

Zingari said:
jonttt said:

Doesn't that have a slight drone in the cabin that some GTS owners have noted :dont know:

I'm too high in the rev range to notice :grin:

tim993 said:
Zingari said:
jonttt said:

I think so.☝️

Re the exhaust back box, another easy way is to check part numbers in the PET catalogue :thumbs:

We did this at Porsche yesterday. They appeared to be the same. However see photos. Top one is a normal exhaust and the bottom a GTS exhaust.

I read on another forum that the back boxes were changed after 2015 on all cars but I'm not sure this is the reason. I drove a 2015 Boxster S and a 2014 GTS at Bolton and the older GTS was certainly louder both in and out of the car.

You can see on the right hand side a big piece cut out of the car. This is a standard car. Would be interesting to hear from Jontt if it's the same on his car.

Interesting pics but the bottom one looks to have been modified and has some aftermarket parts fitted ?

I'm flying abroad for a week tomorrow and the BGTS is in secure storage so I won;t be able to check for a week or so

jonttt said:
Interesting pics but the bottom one looks to have been modified and has some aftermarket parts fitted ?

I'm flying abroad for a week tomorrow and the BGTS is in secure storage so I won;t be able to check for a week or so

The guy said on the forum where I got the photo from said it was on his unmodified car.

Mmm wish my car was at home to check :frustrated:

...confusingly (to me at least) there are 5 part numbers listed for each of the left and right hand PSE muffler boxes.

I think these relate back to chassis numbers and geography of delivery.

My guess is that later cars were fitted with (for example using the left hand muffler part numbers) 981 111 921 05 or 06. whereas those on earlier cars were 01, 02 and 04

But I'm only guessing!

:dont know:

I've just checked: PSE back boxes look just like those in the picture on Planet-9. This is on a 2016 MY car, probably part numbers ending in 06

hope that helps!

That GTS looks very clean underneath :thumb:

Is it my late night beer or is this thread turning into something about boxes and muffs? :eek:

tim993 said:
I've just checked: PSE back boxes look just like those in the picture on Planet-9. This is on a 2016 MY car, probably part numbers ending in 06

hope that helps!

What did you compare to?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back