Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Michelin PS5 tyres

maldren

Albert Park
Has anyone tried Michelin PS5 tyres yet?

I had a set fitted to wifey's A250 before setting off on a tour of Devon.

I'm pleased to report that they were noticeably quieter in the dry and very sure footed in the wet. They look good too.

As they're just an evolution of the much revered PS4 I'm sure they'll be great on a 911.

Thanks Terry,
I'll need new fronts soon and these look just the job depending on price.

Just be aware the PS5 is a replacement for the PS4 and not the PS4s which is a very different tyre.

The S variant of the PS4 had more of a performance bias.

See the quote below ...

Michelin has just launched the new Michelin Pilot Sport 5, and it looks to be a very interesting, but perhaps not what we expected, update!

First up, some general information to clear up some confusion online. This tyre is not a replacement for the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 AND 4S. The Michelin Pilot Sport 5 (PS5) directly replaces the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 (PS4), and while there's been no official announcement about the replacement of the Pilot Sport 4 S (PS4S), it is likely this will be replaced at some point in the future.

The "non-S" version of the Pilot Sport summer tyre range has always been aimed at smaller wheel sizes, and is slightly less performance orientated than the "S version". As an example, in Europe the Pilot Sport 4 was available from 16" to 22" wheel sizes, and aimed at the segment of cars and SUVs which need less ultimate performance, and a little more comfort.

This is the segment of user the PS5 is aimed at.

The Pilot Sport 4 S, in Europe at least, started in 19" for most of its life and went up to 23", offering slightly improved dry and wet grip and handling, at the expense of a little comfort and rolling resistance. The differences were small, but they existed.

North America is a slightly different market, and they had almost no sizes of the PS4 instead having the PS4S in 16" and above. According to the press releases it's likely that North America will have a little more availability of the PS5, especially while we're globally waiting for the replacement of the PS4S.

HMG66 said:
https://www.tyrereviews.com/Tyre/Michelin/Pilot-Sport-5.htm

Jonathan Benson is the go-to-guy for tyres nowadays

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back