Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bilstein B6 Poor Ride

I also went for Koni Actives with M033 Springs, after much research. Gert from Carnewal describes this combo as 'the perfect balance between looks, handling and drivability'.

Hi

I know you have changed already, but I have Bilsteins on my 993 coupe. I have 17" wheels though, standard M029 springs set at sport height. At low speeds it can be a bit "choppy" but the faster you go the better the set up gets. The suspension has fantastic control of the body even on really undulating roads at speed. I think the car handles exceptionally well. But I do also have RS spec bushes all round and a couple of other tweaks.

I am pleased you have found a solution that works for you.

Berni

Did 250 miles yesterday, fast A303 and B roads.

It is very slightly softer than before but my standard Monroes were either seized or not doing much. And the bushes gone.

The more you drive it the less soft it feels and the handling and grip are phenomenal on our rotten roads. Could probably do with another geo now suspension has settled down. If you get Konis you will not be disappointed.

I’ve ordered Bilsteins (with Eibach springs) from Centre Gravity, they have them valved to operate similarly to the Monroes, obviously going to be a little firmer with the new springs.
I had considered KW V3 which I’ve used on other cars, but I really like the way my car rides on broken surfaces (on 17s) and the KW spring rates look very stiff.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back