Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Michael Fassbender: Road to Le Mans 2020

Episode 5.

Interesting to see they had issues with the car which there seemed to be no answer for....?

Is it any wonder I retain my Luddite tendencies when it comes to identifying the actual cause of faults on modern machinery..?

https://youtu.be/vvtoCIboDGA

Loving this again, I love the insight into it all. He really needs to stop being a moaning arse though, so negative and always seems to focus on the bits he is doing wrong. Out his depth to be honest or get himself a mentality coach as he cant hack the pressure it seems. Not saying I could but would it not be better with a young driver to get this experience?

Id watch this regardless of who is driving.

Still waiting for season 4 episode 7 supposed to have been available on Dec 23rd..?

While I have no interest in Michaels movies whatsoever, my thirst for all things 911 along with having visited LM twice, once for the 24 hrs and again for the Classic, caused me to discover the Road to Le Mans series. I have been riveted to the story line created by Michael`s desire to race in a Porsche, not only that but also in the 24 hrs at LM... What`s more to want..?

The whole series has undoubtedly provided a great insight behind the scenes of GT racing and as of episode six, I would not like to be in Michaels very uncomfortable position.

I think I can understand Porsche advertising execs thinking that presenting the story of a current and very popular movie star racing one of their cars would be great publicity. It would be interesting to know the background to the financial structure.. I suspect there have ever been wealthy folk who want to be racing drivers or just involved in the racing scene and prepared to pay for the privilege, were that wealthy person also a movie star, seems to make room for interesting financial negotiations.. I guess the financial risk management calculations must have been considerable and difficult to manage re Michaels movie commitments too, in relation to his possible injury.. Hmm..? The cost of that whole racing programme must have been huge.

Strange as it may seem, when at LM in 2002 I met up with a sponsor of one of the entrants who`s son fancied his chances as a racing driver, I don`t quite know his history but he must have gained the necessary race licence level to compete in the 24 hrs, but he had never driven the car...! Apparently his lap times were not up to scratch thus he was replaced by another driver... Amazing the situations money can buy you into. :?:

Luddite said:
Still waiting for season 4 episode 7 supposed to have been available on Dec 23rd..?

While I have no interest in Michaels movies whatsoever, my thirst for all things 911 along with having visited LM twice, once for the 24 hrs and again for the Classic, caused me to discover the Road to Le Mans series. I have been riveted to the story line created by Michael`s desire to race in a Porsche, not only that but also in the 24 hrs at LM... What`s more to want..?

The whole series has undoubtedly provided a great insight behind the scenes of GT racing and as of episode six, I would not like to be in Michaels very uncomfortable position.

I think I can understand Porsche advertising execs thinking that presenting the story of a current and very popular movie star racing one of their cars would be great publicity. It would be interesting to know the background to the financial structure.. I suspect there have ever been wealthy folk who want to be racing drivers or just involved in the racing scene and prepared to pay for the privilege, were that wealthy person also a movie star, seems to make room for interesting financial negotiations.. I guess the financial risk management calculations must have been considerable and difficult to manage re Michaels movie commitments too, in relation to his possible injury.. Hmm..? The cost of that whole racing programme must have been huge.

Strange as it may seem, when at LM in 2002 I met up with a sponsor of one of the entrants who`s son fancied his chances as a racing driver, I don`t quite know his history but he must have gained the necessary race licence level to compete in the 24 hrs, but he had never driven the car...! Apparently his lap times were not up to scratch thus he was replaced by another driver... Amazing the situations money can buy you into. :?:

Dempsey Proton Racing we're going racing anyway, with or without MF. Porsche would have paid for his seat most likely from their marketing budget. But if he weren't there then another driver with the means, or access to them would have been. The team itself is in existence post Patrick Dempsey's similar quest, essentially the forerunner to this series but I think his was conceived by himself and like minded pals rather than as a pure marketing peice. The initial episodes of this series get into that a little. Go back and watch the Dempsey story too as that's well worth it and does delve into the costs and details of who pays for what. It was a short series from memory, he trailed it here Essentially Proton were a race team and Dempsey was their client he obviously ended up a part owner, such was the cost :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashton911
Back