Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Map light replacement

Sulz

Monza
I have a 2012 991. The interior map lights stopped working and needed a new panel.

Mine had two buttons on it in addition to the left and right panel light on button. It had the Parking sensor off button and an off button to stop the map lights coming on when they door opened.

The replacement one only has the Parking sensor off button.

It was a straight swap and it works. However the map lights do not come on automatically when you open the door - only tiny LED in the middle. They do work when you press the button to turn them on.

Is the panel operating correctly or does it need coding of some sort?

thank you

Sulz said:
I have a 2012 991. The interior map lights stopped working and needed a new panel.

Mine had two buttons on it in addition to the left and right panel light on button. It had the Parking sensor off button and an off button to stop the map lights coming on when they door opened.

The replacement one only has the Parking sensor off button.

It was a straight swap and it works. However the map lights do not come on automatically when you open the door - only tiny LED in the middle. They do work when you press the button to turn them on.

Is the panel operating correctly or does it need coding of some sort?

thank you

That's interesting - I've just picked up my new to me 991 and I couldn't figure out how to get the interior lights to come on when opening the door, as the only button I have is for the sensors and the map lights. All I had was the ambient light whilst the map lights worked individually.

Have you checked the 'Lighting' Menu in the cluster, I went into mine and had to select the check box for interior lights on door open (or something to that effect). Might be worth checking that setting in case it's been de-activated somehow.

Just tried that but no joy, no settings for turning on and off.

Will pop down to a pals garage see if any error codes! Hopefully can avoid a visit to the OPC.

I've got the wrong part! serves me for being cheap and buying from eBay. Just couldnt stomach close to £400 for a map light, but now having to buy from OPC

I have owned my 991.1S for 3 years now and have found it odd that the inside lights don't light up when dark and this was even pointed out by the OPC at the last service in Jan 2021 (have no idea what the plan was to fix it).

Having read this I too went to the menu and checked the box and now it works!! Just amazing!! Thanks gents.

branko said:
I have owned my 991.1S for 3 years now and have found it odd that the inside lights don't light up when dark and this was even pointed out by the OPC at the last service in Jan 2021 (have no idea what the plan was to fix it).

Having read this I too went to the menu and checked the box and now it works!! Just amazing!! Thanks gents.

Great work @branko! - indeed, I only collected my car on Friday and wondered why the lights weren't coming on. I was confused why there wasn't an on/off o 'auto' button for the interior lights. Then I remembered this thread and had a poke around the lighting menu in the car and found the check box - hey presto really pleased that the interior lights now come on when I open the door! :D

Glad we could help...

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronn
Back