Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Manthey Racing 993 "CS" Package

Cool, I just saw that vid from Misha /Carmrades on the tube yesterday, and I agree completely, should make an interesting project, especially with the new 3.8 this winter.

MaxA said:
Cool, I just saw that vid from Misha /Carmrades on the tube yesterday, and I agree completely, should make an interesting project, especially with the new 3.8 this winter.
He mentions 4.0 engine towards the end of this video! :)
With Big Reds, new Suspension, etc. it's going to be a great (expensive!) transformation.

vFtcTfB.png

Should be good! 8)

I don't think Misha knows, he's mentioned new engine, bigger engine, 3.8, 4.0... like all projects, it's a moving target. But I reckon the Big Reds/Endless pads and KW Clubsports (or were they not V3s originally?) should help...

If you want to go fast in a 993 I found the biggest performance gain on an RS set up was on a set of Cup 2 tyres - transformational :thumb:

IMI A said:
If you want to go fast in a 993 I found the biggest performance gain on an RS set up was on a set of Cup 2 tyres - transformational :thumb:

I'm quite sure you're right. This chap has already started modifying the car, and it's on Dunlop Direzza's; Misha's point was that the (old) stock suspension couldn't keep up with the new rubber, and the car was lacking body control, trying to oversteer.

Awesome build and looks like a lot of fun. :thumb:

Such a shame that most 993's are not used as intended as they're such capable and fun cars, particularly compared with all the modern stuff that's only interested in 0-60 times and getting to 200mph+ while listening to DAB radio clutching your heated steering wheel... :roll:

C.

Best 911 I've driven my old 9m RS. But at approaching £120k which is what i got for mine time to try an old F car - I love this white car by Manthey :wink:

Attachments

• 993_rs_dfd_3_1_762x414_241.jpg
    993_rs_dfd_3_1_762x414_241.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 2,436
ch3tman said:
Seems pleased with the result :D 8)

I really love this video, it sums up how I feel about my car :thumbs:

Not having JWW presenting improves it 5x

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members