Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Looking for build spec on turbo s. How?

T8 said:
wilpert said:
I'm wondering how I'd go about getting a 111 point check carried out before ownership.
Of course I'm prepared to pay for it but they are unlikely to let me take it away to an opc. Unless they take it on my behalf.

I looked at the brakes but tbh I fed the really know what I was looking at.

The biggest problem you'd have on getting a 111 point check done at an OPC is how long you'd have to wait.

Good luck :thumb:

yes, thanks , I thought that my be the case, I have the reg and VIN so I'm rather hoping that I might be able to get some information from these, as to what checks its had recently.

I will ask the salesperson this afternoon if they had it checked over when they bought it in and what checks were carried out.

I do know that it has done very little mileage since the last major service.
I think this dealership has had it around 3 months which doesn't surprise me because they are a 4 x 4 dealership, who don't sell many other.

I asked them what service history that they had and the salesperson who was about 12 told me "it might have some service history but some cars don't have any" he went on to say that it is bought as seen.

I queried this and said that I wouldn't buy a car for over 90k without any history and he got stroppy. So i asked to speak to an experienced person.
I then managed to speak to the right person who went to the drawers and came back with a fully stamped OPC book, loads of paperwork etc.

So now I have called an OPC and I am waiting for a call back to confirm whether or not they can give me any more information.

Based on my experience of owning, if you don't have a warranty then you will need a fighting fund as I have had
Siezed turbo actuator
Heater not working
rear lid strut failed

All covered by the OPC warranty

since warranty expired
Radiator leak £200

Otherwise all good so far.

My car rattles abit (doors are rear seats) otherwise solid.

I guess the worst thing about these cars is the 2 seconds of full throttle will send you to jail
:cop:

TurboSandGT4 said:
Based on my experience of owning, if you don't have a warranty then you will need a fighting fund as I have had
Siezed turbo actuator
Heater not working
rear lid strut failed

All covered by the OPC warranty

since warranty expired
Radiator leak £200

Otherwise all good so far.

My car rattles abit (doors are rear seats) otherwise solid.

I guess the worst thing about these cars is the 2 seconds of full throttle will send you to jail
:cop:
Have to echo regarding the OPC warranty. I will not buy one without an OPC warranty.

The market is crazy at present and with the current awful situation in Ukraine it could get even more so as Porsche have halted production of new cars for the foreseeable future!

I doubt very much that prices will drop as were coming into Spring/Summer and this is the time people start looking at empty garages.

Saying that Saxton are not normally selling cars like this is strange because one look at their inventory tells a different story, Rollers, McLarens and quite a few Porsche's. Personally I think that car has sat there for the last 3 or 4 months and they're wanting it moved on. They've only dropped it because it was over priced in the beginning.

One last thing what warranty are they offering? If it's a third party warranty read the small print very very carefully, especially the bit where it says what hourly rate they will pay and to what limit they will go to on the claim. I have an RAC warranty and the hourly rate they will pay for a garage to work on the car is £40!! If there is any work needing doing you will have to cover the shortfall.

easternjets said:
The market is crazy at present and with the current awful situation in Ukraine it could get even more so as Porsche have halted production of new cars for the foreseeable future!

agreed here too, the slow production on landrovers has caused a huge hike in prices on used cars.

Saying that Saxton are not normally selling cars like this is strange because one look at their inventory tells a different story, Rollers, McLarens and quite a few Porsche's. Personally I think that car has sat there for the last 3 or 4 months and they're wanting it moved on. They've only dropped it because it was over priced in the beginning

You are right, what I should have said is that they focus mainly on 4 x 4's
they do sell other stuff but 4 x 4s seem to be their thing.
They are perfectly based in Essex, we love a 4 x 4 :lol:

Also agreed, it was overpriced at the 100k then 94.5k
they aren't budging on the 93k where its at now but i don't think its far off the mark and the car looks very clean on close inspection. do you feel the price seems high for what it is?

I'm not good at diagnosing problems with the things that you don't see but I looked at the interior wear and tear and it looked like it has been loved.
The paint also looked pretty unmarked with just a few light stone chips.
The rads had a few dings but that's no surprise they way they are sited.

Which is the closest OPC for you ? Try and get a slot for a 111 check and buy it if clear.
All cars are inflated price wise and I doubt you will get one for this price and mileage . There is one in Portsmouth but has 8 owners.

Yes it was over priced, so reducing it is just them bringing it in line with the actual book price. The value of the car as far as your concerned, as in if you owned it, is about £85 to £86 k but Porsche prices never really follow the book price and always tend to be higher.

Their current price is pretty close to where you want to be but as others have said you need to look at the warranty, that would be the deal breaker.

How many previous owners has it had?

You did say the history was spot on, as in all OPC stamps so that's ideal and has it had any Insurance claim against it?
Also the Alloys and tyres, check for them being diamond cut. Easiest way is to look at the edge and see if all the edges are the same, if some have been machined off then they've been 'cut' and you can only do that a few times depending on the severity of the damage.
Ask lots of questions, at the end of the day that's their job to sell cars and that little plonker that didn't even know if it had a history should be getting his P45 about now!

That garage does not have a great reputation, have you googled it for reviews?
It's had several trading standards investigations against it. One was for selling a car as a 2015 registered vehicle when in fact it had been first registered in 2011 in Germany.
Do your homework, but if you are happy it's your money as they say.

Oh dear just read some of the reviews, in their defence they are selling mostly Range Rovers and Defenders so I think they'll be getting a lot of 'faults' and angry customers back at their door.
Still that's no excuse for telling porkies about Service history's and number of previous owners, must be the salesman you first met who's been dealing with most of these people.
As we've been saying all along check everything, see if the previous owners name is on the V5 and if it is see if you can trace him or her.

Just had half an hour spare and read more reviews, I'd run a mile, seriously they have a terrible reputation!

Ha ha,

More fool me eh, I went back, had a really good look over it. Wheels and brakes looked fine. The alloys are unmarked and I could see the slight bevel on the edge, no signs of polishing.
Last service was at Porsche Swindon in March was a big one with drive belt change. So nothing due until March next year.
Only done 1000k since last service so again unless it's had a really bad year I'm hoping it's all good.
Bodywork looked really good.
I also looked at the brakes. Again I'm. I expert but they looked good.
I've looked through the service book and Porsche stuff. Previous owner had an opc warranty until end of this month. I've googled and found him but he's retired and moved to france. (Called his company).

I did a 6 mile test drive and it felt superb, smooth and planted, like nothing I've ever driven. I even gave it some beans around a tight bend and it was glued to the road.

Anyway, I can't lie, I've let my heart rule my head and I'm doing the deal.
I'll take it to Porsche as soon as I can and get it warrantied. In the meantime I'll be keeping everything crossed.

Wish me luck😀

Edit, I know they have a bad reputation but they are a huge volume seller so it's inevitable. I suppose I'm a bit of a risk taker but hopefully I'll be a happy buyer.

Good luck and see whether you can get the warranty extended. If the guy has sold it , it will be a 90 day ownership drama before you can get it.
:thumb:

I know I get that, I may dash into Porsche and see if the warranty can be extended whilst it still has a bit of the old one left but if not I'll get the check carried out for peace of mind and keep my fingers crossed.
I can't help feeling it looks very well loved.but hey ho none of us really know when a car can break.

I just loved the drive, even at low speeds it felt smooth and wasn't hard work like some powerful cars are when you drive them slowly.

I'll only be doing around 2k a year and knowing me I'll sell up in 2 years. So if I get as far as buying a 3 year warranty for it I'll be able to sell it with lowish miles and a years warranty.

Who knows what the future holds.

Anybody want to buy my guards red Boxster 981 gts. It's going up for sale soon as I'm now running out of driveway space.

Next will be Insurance. LV said no thank you as they don't insure that vehicle.
Beat quote was admiral at 850 quid, hmmm decisions decisions. 🤔

Best of luck wilpert!

These cars have a habit of getting under your skin, the turbo really shines on a long journey (urban/motorway/ A road and B road) Take a trip to Wales?

£850/- if without a tracker is pretty good.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back