Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Leather dyes

Ledlights

Hi All,

I've recently bought a black sport design steering wheel for my car which I want to change to match my agate grey interior. Does anyone have any recommendations regarding a colour dye make that would be a good match? I've bought one already but it's way too grey and doesn't have the brown tinge that it needs.

Thanks,

Steve

Thanks - they don't have agate grey listed but I've asked them if they can make some up.

Go to ebay and search for steering wheel dye kits.

I think mine came from leather doctor or scratch doctor.

The colour you choose is supplied with dyes to darken/lighten the base colour so you can match your wheel.

I have done wheels and trims for years using those kits and they are not expensive.

Hope this helps.

Thanks - the one I already have is from the leather doctor so I've messaged them to see if they can offer any help in getting the dye to the correct shade.

Give them a call mate - explained what I wanted and they were really helpful
- did feel like one of those places you should call vs those you know are more useful online

Give Peter at GP Leathertech (near Reading) a call and he will sort it for you professionally for not a lot of ££.

So to wrap up this thread... I tried all the options suggested and ultimately GP Leathertech recoloured the wheel. I have to say that Peter did an excellent job and I'd recommend him to others.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back