Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Door tweeter wiring?

JimVee

Hi all,

I’m looking to change my front and rear speakers out as the originals are knackered and having researched on this forum have JBL’s on the way. Only problem is the original door speaker has 4 wires coming out.

I believe the green wire and the grey/black wire are from the tweeter, my question is can I just connect them to the main door JBL speaker (standard 2 connector wiring)? ie green to brown/white and grey/black to white?

TIA

Jim

IMG_8081.jpeg

Thanks, when the new speakers arrive. I’ll strip the door cards off and check the rest of the wiring But assuming I can just wire the tweeter and main speaker together.

Yes, you can. The original Nokia tweeters have their own crossover built in (a simple but effective capacitor system) so you can connect them directly to the main speakers. Did this recently using Musway MQ62 6.5" co-axial speakers effectively ending up with dual tweeters. Sounds great.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back