Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ipas codes used dme

Tim_s

Silverstone
Hi all,
I've bricked my dme with a bad flash and now neither piwis nor aftermarket tools will communicate with it. I've found a used DME from a breaker and have the vin number of the car, but believe I'll need the ipas codes for the donor vehicle/dme to use piwis to code it to my car - can anyone confirm this and if so help get me the ipas codes (I have the ipas codes for my car, just need the codes for the donor ecu)? Any other thoughts appreciated, I'm not sure if I can recover my existing dme, and even if I could I imagine I'd need to clone eeproms from a donor ecu anyway so a used dme seems the quickest way to get up and running again.
Thanks
Tim

For reference in case this helps anyone out, I found 2 ways of sorting this in the end and tried both. First use a knock-off tool that can read the codes over obd or from a dump and reprogram with new codes. Tried that and car fired straight up afterwards. But because I wanted to keep all vehicle data (operating hours etc) I elected to clone on the bench which was also straightforward and now the new ecu has identical vehicle data to the original and is a proper clone.
If anyone ever needs any help with cloning these give me a shout.

I would be interested in learning about this .. such as what tools .. it's not a piwis thing !!

Mainly as i try to stay on top of different options to help out customers where possible .. new DME,s aint exactly cheap !

As i'm not very active on the forums atm and as you cant send images via the PM system then perhaps any info to my email addy please ..

[email protected]

If you state what model and year car you have i can dig out some info to send as a thank you .

Iain.

Hi There

I would be really interested in knowing how you did this also. I blew up a circuit on my 986.2 ECU and have a replacement, but its from a manual but my car is an auto. It doesn't actually make a difference apart from the canbus complaining. Also my brothers 996.2 was bought with some issues (badly borescored) and did not even have its original ECU. So the more I can find out about how to manipulate these things the better.

My email is [email protected]

Many thanks in advance!

Berni

I've had quite a few requests for info and happy to post here if there are specific questions. Wrt yours and tip/manual
It doesn't actually make a difference apart from the canbus complaining.
that's not quite right, beyond comms with the tcu, while it's not something I've really looked at on these, I have done a good amount of mapping and there are a lot of maps that I would expect to be different. As such I'm confident the calibration between manual/tip is quite different - so while it will run, to run properly you need the right map - in fact the program itself may even be different. Easiest way is to just flash the dme with the correct software for your car. You could also change the vehicle data to correctly reflect the right transmission for completeness but that won't impact running.

I'm happy to do such dme work (or cluster, m534) on 9x6/7 cars if needed, just drop me a line - ethically, I won't change vehicle data other than to accurate values (so won't reset overrevs, do mileage 'correction' apart from to correct values on replacement clusters etc).
Tim

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prime007
Back