Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 turbo Tiptronic fault

minny

Nurburgring
This morning, the car's Tiptronic box went into limp mode flashing 4 and D alternately when changing from 2nd to 3rd at about 4000 rpm. I stopped the car and turned it off then back on. When I put it in D to drive off the lights were behaving normally but there was a definite jolt when I put it in D. Light on dash shows 2nd gear but gearbox is in 1st. It wouldn't change in auto mode nor will it change up using the steering wheel buttons. Interestingly, when I change down, the dash light drops to 1st but the box changes up to 2nd gear. On the PST2 and PIWIS, the ECU fast code is P0715 Tipronic (supply voltage, speed sensors) and Tiptronic fault codes are 12 Rpm Sensor n2(or sensor supply interrupted) and 14 Speed comparison between n2 and n3 implausible. I have cleared the codes and reset the adaptation values but the problem persists. It jolts whenever I put it in D or R so I am not going to use it till someone has a look at it. Thankfully i only had to drive half a mile home from when the fault occurred. Indy is coming with a trailer on Monday to pick it up.

Car was running 100% prior to that and it has 72000 miles. The Tiptronic box fluid has been changed twice since I owned it from 2010 and there are no leaks below. I just wanted to get an idea what I am looking at. Other forums mention the speed sensor or conductor plate.

It was the speed sensor that borked in my tip. New conductor plate fixed that (houses the speed and temp sensor iirc)

Check my forum thread history i think I posted part numbers from when I bought the plate.

Rgds

To update the forum, my car is fixed and the only thing replaced was fluid and filter since it was up the ramp and last done 4 years ago. The problem above was caused by a corroded wire in the loom going into box so the indy repaired it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back