Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Invictus Motors - Hertfordshire # Negative Experience

Out of interest why didn’t you return the car if you weren’t happy with it and they gave you an opportunity?
I'm pretty confident that Enigma911 is Invictus Motors, however I'll respond anyway.....

If you read the post again, you will see that at no point did I say I wasn't happy with the car. It was the underhand tactics of the dealer.

Firstly, they renaged on the agreed PartEx stating that "the owner said it was too expensive".

Secondly, after agreeing to pay 50% for the overdue service, when I collected the car they said they weren't going to pay anything towards it. Selling a £100k with an overdue service is poor. The OPC service cost me another £2000.

When issues were identified a few days after purchase, the dealer response was "we are not paying anything towards any fixes" which sums up the aftersales experience.

If the car didn't have the OPC warranty, no doubt a long legal battle would have followed, same as some of the other buyers.

I have subsequently bought 2 new cars, neither of them from Invictus.

I hope you have bought your car now, if you haven’t there is no harm in going to see the car and you can decide for yourself. Sometimes it’s hard to go by other peoples experiences as some peoples expectations cannot be met and they will come here and slate them. I had a good experience with them and that is not to say you will too.
A stupid person learns from their own mistakes, a clever person learns from the mistakes of others!

I'm pretty confident that Enigma911 is Invictus Motors, however I'll respond anyway.....

If you read the post again, you will see that at no point did I say I wasn't happy with the car. It was the underhand tactics of the dealer.

Firstly, they renaged on the agreed PartEx stating that "the owner said it was too expensive".

Secondly, after agreeing to pay 50% for the overdue service, when I collected the car they said they weren't going to pay anything towards it. Selling a £100k with an overdue service is poor. The OPC service cost me another £2000.

When issues were identified a few days after purchase, the dealer response was "we are not paying anything towards any fixes" which sums up the aftersales experience.

If the car didn't have the OPC warranty, no doubt a long legal battle would have followed, same as some of the other buyers.

I have subsequently bought 2 new cars, neither of them from Invictus.
#irony incoming

1702143675921.png
funny you so=houl

Last edited:
Strange How Enigma911 has only posted 4 messages on this post and nothing else

I wonder what his true identity is?

Strange How Enigma911 has only posted 4 messages on this post and nothing else

I wonder what his true identity is?
i've updated the above image :unsure:

As long as Invictus Motors sells good cars at the right price and stands by their sales, then things can move forward.
We all know how easy it is to stack google feedback from all those yorkshire situations

Hey all, I was very interested is this car and just happened to do a search for Invictus. The comments have given me strong second thoughts. What would be the best way to research its history. Thanks

Hey all, I was very interested is this car and just happened to do a search for Invictus. The comments have given me strong second thoughts. What would be the best way to research its history. Thanks

The first thing I'd do is ask them how the OPC warranty is able to be transferred and possibly extended. The only way that it can be done is if they are selling the car on behalf of the current owner. Any other answer invalidates what they are claiming as if they own the car the OPC warranty is null and void.

It's got Porsche service history so if you find out which OPC did the servicing they might be able to give you a bit more information about the car.

The first thing I'd do is ask them how the OPC warranty is able to be transferred and possibly extended. The only way that it can be done is if they are selling the car on behalf of the current owner. Any other answer invalidates what they are claiming as if they own the car the OPC warranty is null and void.

It's got Porsche service history so if you find out which OPC did the servicing they might be able to give you a bit more information about the car.
Well that’s was the first alarm bell before I read anything on here. I called them and asked if the car was SOR. They told me it wasn’t but they have a way around transferring the warranty. I asked how and they said they could only tell me if I was sitting in front of them. Ding ding ding

The phrase "a leopard never changes its spots" springs to mind!!

I'd move on and ignore these jokers!

Well that’s was the first alarm bell before I read anything on here. I called them and asked if the car was SOR. They told me it wasn’t but they have a way around transferring the warranty. I asked how and they said they could only tell me if I was sitting in front of them. Ding ding ding

I'd certainly avoid any dealer that admits they are prepared to commit fraud.

When I bought my 718 Boxster it came with a 30-day/1000 mile 'warranty'🙄 I thought that would be a useful as a chocolate teapot and as cast iron as the Athur Daley golden handshake. The car was the right price so I was less bothered. However a few things flagged up within the first week so I contacted the dealer and was surprised he let me take it to his trusted Porsche 'Indy' who I knew. The car went in (a couple of times) and true to his word the jobs were sorted at no cost to me. He'd also done his dough preping the car for sale with new water pump, new flywheel and a few solenoids. I thought I was pushing it when the rear of the drivers seat heating element failed - these aint cheap. But again the job was done and my lumbar now gets as toasty as my gonads (y)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ravioli
Back