Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Insurance - Very Pleased

Throbber

Trainee
Hi all

It's renewal time for me, thought I would make a change from the "who should I call" thread and post up a couple of companies that were amazingly cheap and (hopefully) offer a good package.

Might seem strange mentioning two companies but they were both very competitive and sound like they are brokering the same policy.

I have a list lof companies that I call at renewal time and started making my way through, my renewal for the 996tt had come through at £805 but as I am planning to modify the car was expecting this to rise.

Was shocked initially to be getting quotes of £1,500 - £2,000 but then amazed to get a £625 and then a £611, both covered the mods and both offered up to 5 track days with a reasonable xs.

Prices are probably irrelevant as everyone's circumstances are different but I was amazed at the differences in price for my case.

Anyway, thought I would mention them both in case they are of use when you come to renew.

Matthew at Henderson Taylor - 0161 437 7442

Martin at Competition Car Insurance - 0115 968 2414 (usually on the phone but does call you back when you leave a message)

Both really nice guys and very helpful.

Kind regards

Dave

Weird.

I have been quoted £827 protected by Admiral (would have been £709 had it not been for a bloody speed awareness course!!!).

So I hoped Henderson Taylor would be an improvement on that and they have come back at £1,364!

This is for a garaged, 5k/year 991 (non-S), sd&p only. wife and self with 10 years NCD each and no accidents claims or convictions.

A LOT more than I was expecting / hoping for.

I've come to the conclusion half them are at it! One year there is no one cheaper the next you get told "oh we could never compete with that quote.

Bridle on here for instance have quoted younger than me with not such a clean history or postcode, not garaged etc less than my quote?

Admiral got my money this year £570 for a 7.1 turbo, Bridle wanted £1070? How do they work that out?

Rob

How on earth can a Turbo be £570 and a 991 non-s £1,364????

It's not like I am 17 or something daft. 51 years old and no accidents for as long as I can remember, like 20 years maybe. And no points... which is a miracle, admittedly ;-)

Chippy_boy said:

Perhaps the 991 is twice, if not more, the value of the Turbo and is also more likely to be targetted as an item of theft?

~ Maxie :dont know:

Chippy_boy said:

It's not like I am 17 or something daft. 51 years old and no accidents for as long as I can remember, like 20 years maybe. And no points... which is a miracle, admittedly ;-)

Good postcode in highlands of scotland car kept in garage below house in private land, limited miles, no claims, done police roadcraft driving training as part of my job (not copper) always had group 20 cars.

Bought a new Exige RGB 2010 was £370 F/Comp track days the lot, Competition car Insurance. I've actually heard some people get cover for a turbo cheaper than N/A work that one out.

Rob.

Maxie said:
Chippy_boy said:

Perhaps the 991 is twice, if not more, the value of the Turbo and is also more likely to be targetted as an item of theft?

Yeah right :roll:

And the fact that the repair costs are the same or less and it's a slower car don't enter into it. Only the things that push the premium UP ever seem to count.

Maxie said:
Chippy_boy said:

Yeah right :roll:

And the fact that the repair costs are the same or less and it's a slower car don't enter into it. Only the things that push the premium UP ever seem to count.

bluenose said:
Chippy_boy said:

Good postcode in highlands of scotland car kept in garage below house in private land, limited miles, no claims, done police roadcraft driving training as part of my job (not copper) always had group 20 cars.

Bought a new Exige RGB 2010 was £370 F/Comp track days the lot, Competition car Insurance. I've actually heard some people get cover for a turbo cheaper than N/A work that one out.

Rob.

We've just come back from the best part of a week blasting around the highlands.

You have no speeding tickets because:

a) there are no cameras (didn't get a warning bong until we got back down to Glasgow)

b) The bobby on his bicycle will never catch you

c) a local said "Nah, if your in a convoy they won't bother you."

The roads you have up there are immense!

Or are you saying that you have a turbo and a 991 and have never exceeded the limit?

Insurers aren't stupid. Premium is based on factors such as risk, and what they think they can get away with.

Gone with Bridle in the end. OK, so not as cheap as some other quotes, but seem like a decent bunch, and a very good policy with all the boxes ticked.

The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten... as the old saying goes.

PeterS said:
bluenose said:
Chippy_boy said:

Rob.

We've just come back from the best part of a week blasting around the highlands.

You have no speeding tickets because:

a) there are no cameras (didn't get a warning bong until we got back down to Glasgow)

b) The bobby on his bicycle will never catch you

c) a local said "Nah, if your in a convoy they won't bother you."

The roads you have up there are immense!

Or are you saying that you have a turbo and a 991 and have never exceeded the limit?

Insurers aren't stupid. Premium is based on factors such as risk, and what they think they can get away with.

You need to be very careful of the mobile units through Glencoe in and around Fort william going north east to Inverness etc. Out towards Skye and places like that then the Bobby on his bike is pretty accurate.

Rob.

Throbber said:
Hi all

It's renewal time for me, thought I would make a change from the "who should I call" thread and post up a couple of companies that were amazingly cheap and (hopefully) offer a good package.

Might seem strange mentioning two companies but they were both very competitive and sound like they are brokering the same policy.

I have a list lof companies that I call at renewal time and started making my way through, my renewal for the 996tt had come through at £805 but as I am planning to modify the car was expecting this to rise.

Was shocked initially to be getting quotes of £1,500 - £2,000 but then amazed to get a £625 and then a £611, both covered the mods and both offered up to 5 track days with a reasonable xs.

Prices are probably irrelevant as everyone's circumstances are different but I was amazed at the differences in price for my case.

Anyway, thought I would mention them both in case they are of use when you come to renew.

Matthew at Henderson Taylor - 0161 437 7442

Martin at Competition Car Insurance - 0115 968 2414 (usually on the phone but does call you back when you leave a message)

Both really nice guys and very helpful.

Kind regards

Dave

Hello Buddy, If you really want cheap and best package for your 996tt then you can call to the Allied Group which offer cheap and best packages. They can fulfill your requirement if you wish to do so.

Pam_T_Silas said:
Hello Buddy, If you really want cheap and best package for your 996tt then you can call to the Allied Group which offer cheap and best packages. They can fulfill your requirement if you wish to do so.

Christ that's all we need, another 1st post from an Insurance company pretending not to be :hand:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back