Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Infotainment system

I went with 4gb/64gb didn’t think it was worth going for more as I’ll mInly use it for CarPlay.

I used the mic it came with, the harness comes with 3.5mm jack and I didn’t want to cut the original wiring. I placed it on the steer column cover and routed under the instrument cluster.

Attachments

• img_4653_125.jpeg
    img_4653_125.jpeg
    358.4 KB · Views: 499
Thanks for answering those questions andy350z - very helpful and much appreciated

andy350z said:
I went with 4gb/64gb didn’t think it was worth going for more as I’ll mInly use it for CarPlay.

I used the mic it came with, the harness comes with 3.5mm jack and I didn’t want to cut the original wiring. I placed it on the steer column cover and routed under the instrument cluster.

Andy
Is moving the heating/fan/aircon unit to below much of a faff?
Sorry, I'm useless at all this stuff...

angry said:
andy350z said:

Andy
Is moving the heating/fan/aircon unit to below much of a faff?
Sorry, I'm useless at all this stuff...

Mine was already down below as I had PCM originally

I have a Kenwood unit with a dashcam and it’s brilliant. Wireless CarPlay is amazing. I rarely plug my phone in (probably twice in 3 years) as my battery is good on my phone so it feels like it’s all built in.

I like it so much so, looking at other cars (family car) I check to see if it has wireless CarPlay or if I can upgrade it to that.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back