Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

In for a penny.........

Hi Thomas.

Some great work there on your car. A question on your seat work, did you do any refurb on the red piping? I have the same seats as you and the piping needs a refresh, just wondering if you did any work on yours.

I'm trying to get mine in somewhere for some (more) body work, just sussing out local body shops :-(

Cheers

Steve

Mr Bacchus said:
Hi Thomas.

Some great work there on your car. A question on your seat work, did you do any refurb on the red piping? I have the same seats as you and the piping needs a refresh, just wondering if you did any work on yours.

I'm trying to get mine in somewhere for some (more) body work, just sussing out local body shops :-(

Hey Steve,

The piping is in pretty good shape but has previously had a repair on the drivers bolster. Other than cleaning and feeding the leather not much else has been done in my ownership. If I'm totally honest the repair is not perfect but is good enough for me to live with it.

Bad news about the bodywork. We will be forever keeping the dreaded rust at bay with these cars.

Looks great.....well done

+1 for Menzerna products

Nice work chum. The results are making me think about a 964 again.............. :roll:

After a couple of recent battery issues I'm looking to replace the Bosch Silver which has been on the car since I bought it some ten years ago.

The Bosch S4 is currently top of my list as I can't really fault the one I'm replacing after being trouble free all these years. Any other recommendations I should consider?

Also any dealers in the North East offering good deals?

Cheers.

Thomas

Happy new battery day. After a search around the inter webs I fell in line with C4Silver and headed over to Tayna for a new Bosch S5 Unit. Upgraded to the S5 as they were cheaper than most places so got the S5 for the price of the S4 elsewhere. Great service, ordered late on Saturday arrived Tuesday and well packaged. Lots of feedback as to delivery time and order confirmation. Thanks for the tip C4Silver. :thumb:
YB8iIVy.jpg

So the verdict, a noticeably better start up. Much quicker to catch and fire up. Here's to the next 10 years if it's as good as the last one.

Hey folks, long time since I was last on here.

Looking for some advice. The heater servos on my car appear to have given up the fight and I now only have heat in the driver footwell.

I have taken a look at the servos themselves and administered the time honoured tap with a hammer but they are stuck fast.

Looking at the prices for new is eye wateringly expensive, has anyone found a less expensive alternative or a reliable refurb service that they would confidently recommend?

TIA

It's been ages since I last was on here. Just an update on the heater servos - 2 new servos from OPC purchased and installed when I had it in for a service. What a difference having the adjustability of a fully functioning heater setup.

Also while in I had a new bonnet pull installed as the old one just fell apart, the joys of 30 year old plastics!

Looking forward to a few more upgrades/replacement parts in the very near future to bring the old girl back to A1 condition.

Time for some new tyres too.

Currently on Continental Contact Sports and been quite happy with grip, noise etc.

Not sure what to go for as yet. I'll see what I can get to fit and go from there.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kashmir
Back