Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ICE adventure ....

This was their rear seat option:

77021_77023_seitlich.png

thnaks, rear seta looks interesting

saw the doors before, ill be going RS door cards so no can do

That rear seat storage looks good. Plenty of space for some subs but I prefer the RS look.
Jackal hopefully I should get a start on the box in a couple of weeks.
Let me know when your back and pop over anytime for a listen to my current setup.

just bought a nice Hertz 4ch amp ! almost half price from the Talkaudio forums but nearly new. There are some good bargains there .. this was from a show car that is being stripped so eevrything on it has barely been used.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/15818.html

hertz_hdp4_amp2.jpg

got some guys in heathrow as well who can custom make me anything .... those rear seat delets are £2000+ on ebay with the postage and I reckon i could get one made for a quarter of that price which will have proper sub enclosured as well and made from more sympathetic materials

ill give you a shout baj and we can have an audio session .. maybe yuo can help me wire the amp up

Hi Jackal,

Wondering how you are getting on with your new headunit?

I am looking for new unit and was considering an Alpine one until reading the spec of the Parrot Asteroid. Would be interested to know how it performs in the real world.

Thanks

Manners

No problem jackal. I can give you a hand in fitting your amp. Just let me know when you want to do it.
Also I have started making my sub box for the glove compartment, it's going well and should be finished soon. I will post some pics up when I'm done.

Leosayer said:
manners said:
Hi Jackal,

Wondering how you are getting on with your new headunit?
+1

Its beeen a bit buggy but some of that may have been me getting used to it and alsoa loose iphone connection on th eback which was causing all sorts of probs. Will have a definite answer in a while.

Baj said:
Also I have started making my sub box for the glove compartment, it's going well and should be finished soon. I will post some pics up when I'm done.

:popcorn:

jackal2513 said:
The mic I brought up through the steering cowling which was very simple.

Jackal your simple is my rocket science :dont know:

Would you mind some minor elaboration on where you ran the mic wire as I picked up one of these units last week and did some install over the weekend but can't see any easy way to come out onto the top of the cowling. Everything else went well after I got the old unit and associated wiring out of the way, thankfully the original ISO fixings were still intact as I've read some proper butcher stories elsewhere.

Many thanks :thumb:

hello mate, just push the end of the mic down through th gap at the back of the cowling and keep pushing more wire though

wit the radio out and your hand push upwards behind the dash you should be able to grab it or it might even drop down

just then pull it near the back of the head unit area and cable tie up the excess

let em know how you get on with the Parrot

i had this thing where it coulnd't find a telephone number by speech and another time when it dialled it but nothing happened ... after that I just coulndt get any sound on the damm thing and i had to reset it. Pissed me right off I can tell you ... esp. when I was on the M74 and there were rozzers with laser guns everywhere

:thumbs: Thanks Jackal I'll have a wrestle with it later, didn't look like there was a big enough gap between the cowl and the dash to get the mini jack plug through although the light was fading a bit by the time I reached that stage.

Didn't have time to really play with the unit, checked I had power, sound,radio and ipod connection and that was about it. Will let you know how I get on when I pair it up with my phone etc. Sounded pretty good though but I need to look at speaker upgrades too in due course, not the original speakers but I'm guessing they're still 8-10 years old.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back