Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I have a real desire for an early 911 - just cant afford it!

Amazing photos. LOVE Grassmarket at night!! How didyou get so lose to the castle? Is it not 'secured' at night?!

Caris rather sweet too :)

Nice one tp :thumb:
I'm also attracted to the impact bumper car in The Bridge (quite taken by the driver too). IMHO its very '70s colour really suits it.

T8 said:
Personally I see any car of that era as a beautiful ornament or as a piece of art in the same way as many behold things such as paintings, sculptures and watches. I'd pay a lot more for an old 911 than any of the other things that I've mentioned but that's not relevant because I can't afford it.

Go on, go for it .......... it might even prove to be an investment. :thumb:

I knew you'd see sense. :thumb:

Beautiful car :worship:

Absolutely stunning, and well done for having the balls to go out and do it!
Although the family resemblance can still be seen with the new 991, the classic does look way better.

Congratulations, you must be happy now?

ScottUK

Jcx said:
How didyou get so lose to the castle? Is it not 'secured' at night?!

There was a wedding on so the security gates were open, the castle official liked the car so on the basis that we would not be long, fill your boots guys!

Taking the shot on the bridge over the moat at the gates prompted a guard to move us on, well worth it though, I love the picture.

T8 said:
T8 said:
Personally I see any car of that era as a beautiful ornament or as a piece of art in the same way as many behold things such as paintings, sculptures and watches. I'd pay a lot more for an old 911 than any of the other things that I've mentioned but that's not relevant because I can't afford it.

Go on, go for it .......... it might even prove to be an investment. :thumb:

T8 well said. :thumb:

I managed to get in at the right time (prices have risen), the whole process has been enjoyable from start to finish.

:D

tp81 said:
Jcx said:
How didyou get so lose to the castle? Is it not 'secured' at night?!

There was a wedding on so the security gates were open, the castle official liked the car so on the basis that we would not be long, fill your boots guys!

Taking the shot on the bridge over the moat at the gates prompted a guard to move us on, well worth it though, I love the picture.

Perfect!! Were you the photographer too? lovely composition.

Great pictures Tom cant wait to see it in the flesh

Love these, especially the front indicator design on the circa 1972 cars.

Soooooo lovely.

I had a 2.2E (mechanical injection) and sold it 20 years ago for just 3.5k. One of the many regrets of my life. I wish I kept it.

Oh dear, I really wish I hadn't seen this thread. I've always loved the older cars but I was resigned to the fact that I couldn't afford one. Now I've seen this thread and the possibility of having one for much less.

Light bulbs are appearing above my head!

Lovely car and pics, congrats :thumb:

You haven't mentioned what it drives like?

What's the next 911 project you just can't afford?

An early 356? :grin:

TJ :bye:

Tokyo Joe said:
Lovely car and pics, congrats :thumb:

You haven't mentioned what it drives like?

What's the next 911 project you just can't afford?

An early 356? :grin:

TJ :bye:

TJ,

Apologies.

The car was an absolute delight to drive, not the fastest but that wasn't the point. The early dogleg gearbox takes a bit of getting used to but once moving the long throw is nice to use. In terms of feel, with the car being so light, the driving sensation is unlike anything else I have driven before. Steering is finger tip light and smooth, the car will almost steer itself along the road. Corners are smooth and flowing then press on with a great engine noise buzzing through the car, brilliant.

I have truly got the bug for early cars and spend more time over on DDK reading and following restoration threads. The early T was a great introduction and a safe way to test the water. I sold the car a few months ago and have embarked on something a bit more ambitious.

:thumb:

RHD 1973 E

_MG_8208.jpg by TP021272, on Flickr

I would love to have the time and money to restore a classic again. It's my idea of fun.

Beware of the inlet tubes on the 'E'. I found that as the butterflies chatter they wear into the alloy and bleed air through. It's a ***** to tune.

Have fun.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prime007
Back