Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

how many owners is too many owners

rObartes

Monza
as the title says.. how many owners is too many owners
i understand that service history and milage are key but how many previous owners would put you off ?

Not sure you can really put an actual number out there?! I'd say its fairly common for performance sports cars to have higher number of owners.

Cost of running, family on the way and maybe a new house, some of the classic reasons!

Does a car with many owners make it a bad car?! History/receipts/condition out weigh in my opinion 👍

Plenty of crap one owner cars out there (ask my mum 🙄 😅)

every new owner buys a car as there pride and joy, so most will spend money on it at point of purchase, so its really all about condition and gut feeling, in my view.

:roll: I don't know what it is with UK buyers who get fixated with the number of owners on a V5

Condition is the only decider along with price. Admittedly when you sell the next buyer will find something to kick you in the gonads for a better price as they suck through their teeth.

Let's just say double digit owners is a better position than being lumbered with Moody Blue or slip on salesman grey leather interiors :what:

In my experience cars are at their best when someone buys them and sells them. On that basis the more owners the better!

Anything over 10 puts me off.... But I know it shouldn't. I think more broadly 993 depth of owners has started to balance out, given most spend 3 or 4 years on restoring/ getting the car right and understanding why you need a wiper widget. Then enjoy for a few years before deciding to sell in years in year 6/7

Now GT cars is another thing, amount of owners nuts.

Less is better.

Also depends on how old it is....

My friend bought a 10 month old Boxster GTS and he was the 3rd owner,personally i wouldnt have entertained that,but it didnt bother him..

A 25yr old car I wouldn't expect 10+ owners out of the ordinary.

Sponge was a 'keeper' on a 993 that lasted days after he went back in and tried another one after owning more modern pork and realising his mistake :roll:
The car will carry that burden like a scar :floor:

...condition,condition,condition...number of owners is irrelevant, utterly irrelevant...

the car i'm interested in is 28 yrs old with 11 former keepers. the current owner has had the car for over 9 yrs.

too many .. ?

rObartes said:
the car i'm interested in is 28 yrs old with 11 former keepers. the current owner has had the car for over 9 yrs.

too many .. ?

It's completely irrelevant. I can't remember how many keepers my current 993 has had, nor my previous 993.

And I don't even think I checked when I bought them. It certainly wouldn't have been on my list of things to check.

i have asked the seller (an Indy) if i can have the car PPI'd but they refused saying "we have had poor experiences in the past and find that our own in-house inspection is more thorough"

the car is a good distance from me as well. is does come with a warranty but have not seen how good the cover is.

I am quite surprised a dealer would refuse a PPI so I can see why you are worried about that.

The suggestion that they prefer to mark their own homework should also give you less confidence rather than more confidence in my view.

If I was in your shoes I would just tell them I am a serious buyer and I'm interested in buying the car but only if I can get it inspected.

I would get yourself to Silverstone Auctions and get that yellow 993 RS replica bought :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhaApex
Back