Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A Forest

Topcat44

No not the tune by The Cure :lol:

Been on this forum for a while now and still haven’t pulled the trigger on a 911. I keep changing my mind between newer (997.2 or a Caymen 981) or an early 996.1. I like the colour of this 996. Green is a bit marmite I know but I think it suits the shape really well.

https://www.eporsch.co.uk/listings/2000-x-porsche-911-3-4-996-carrera-2/

Bit leggy on the miles but not the owners. Not sure if that’s a good price or too high in the current volatile market? The MOT history shows advisories for every year of the 10 that the previous owner had it Rolling Eyes

Any words of wisdom gratefully received. It doesn’t appear to have many bells and whistles on the options front.

It seems to be priced right for a dealer sale.

Only you can decide if you like the colour. Personally I couldn't live with the interior.

Yes I keep going back to look at the interior pics and I’m thinking the same. A sea of beige might get a bit much although I’m not keen on the full grey interiors either

I have a Green turbo with savannah beige interior, it's certainly not to everyones taste...but it's grown on me. It's quite light and I think looks a bit classy, certainly more interesting than a sea of black or grey.

I've broken it up a bit by fitting a wooden gearknob and black Porsche momo steering wheel. You could also fit red seatbelts or something similar.

Wheels are not original but that is a matter of taste
the inside looks decent given the age
120k miles and have the MOT issues been addressed ?
Purchase price is one thing but you can pend a lot of money on these and still end up with a car that has more than 120k miles

My 2001 is the same green and I love it , there are not many in the UK

I’d need to view the car in person to decide if it’s a colour combo I could live with. My mind keeps changing about it. I’ve sent a message asking a few questions about it and depending on the answers a trip to Surrey could be on the cards

Not to everyone’s taste but it will look better in flesh.
If it’s mechanically sound and you like it, go for it!
981/ 997.2 will be much more expensive

Topcat44 said:
I’d need to view the car in person to decide if it’s a colour combo I could live with. My mind keeps changing about it. I’ve sent a message asking a few questions about it and depending on the answers a trip to Surrey could be on the cards

I'm completely biased on the subject, but I think green exterior with tan leather interior looks great - I constantly get kind words about the colour of the car.

However, if it's rusting away underneath with an engine about to explode...walk away ;-)

Ah, one more thing - some people fit black floormats (carpets?) into tan cars to break up the "sea of tan" a bit.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back