Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Holy Grail Car wash/correction and maintenance

Winny911 said:
stick with the das6pro on speed 3 with hex logic pads orange and white plus the megs 105 & 205 polish depending on swirl depth

You can't go wrong

You been watching Junkman2000?

MC

Thanks winny great recommendation... seems like u know ur stuff...have u carried out any machine polishing on your car and if so any before or after pics? Thanks

Yep the junkman knows his stuff alright

Sorry no pictures I've only just started myself but results have been very impressive

I can post some Clio ones if you like, M3 ones next week. The paint on the Clio was so bad that my Dad thought the bonnet was supposed to be matt black.

Junkman2000 is worth watching, I use the same kit. Just set aside a LONG time to watch him, he doesn't rush.

MC

Yes please do... look forward to the pics. i understand porsche paint is soft? Does that make any difference?

Cheshire has nailed it and not a man to mince words on his posts - I personally like that a lot.

Part way through, heavy cut done on half the bonnet.

finished....

MC

I had an email from clean your car on 24th December with a 13% discount code. It says enter XMAS13 at the checkout and It doesn't appear to have an expiry date.

Good luck.
Kevin.

Im getting way too excited now... pics look great...im just itching to buy everything right now lol... ill just just check out some of junkmans videos...great response from all... i will definately post up before and after pics.... looks like im getting the das4pro....

Mistercorn did u use the das4pro and meg 105 / 205 ?

Also can you recommend an amazing glaze before sealing the car and which paint sealant do you prefer?

Thanks

You might want to add some of this to your shopping list and use it before claying the car.
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-and-exterior/carpro-iron-x-500ml/prod_726.html

Claying a car can inflict some major marring on the paintwork if it is not done properly, many people will use the clay bar to remove tar from the car, but it is much safer and easier to remove it beforehand with a dedicated tar remover like Tardis, then a quick wash again before you clay.

There are some pics and a write up of what products I used when I done mine at the bottom of page 3 on this thread.... http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=75126&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

It's a slippery slope once you start. :D

Mr City,
One tool you have left out of your armoury...........Snow Foam Lance. It is a superb piece for ridding the paint of much before you touch the paintwork.
Machine wise, I have a Megs G220. It a great piece of kit which does its job. Oh and it's far more cheaper and satisfying doing it yourself if youare into that sort of thing.
One last note. After all of your hard work ensure you 'lock' it in with a decent sealant/wax.
Any questions feel free to pm me. I'm not a pro but a novice of 10 years plus............. :grin:

OP ,
pls research it deatail how to correctly machine polish,from the prep of masking up ur lights and rubbers to the speeds and pressures which u apply inc misting water as you go etc,, :bandit:

ive machine polished my vehicles for years had lots of advise from professionals and considered myself very competent ,
Yet not too long ago i was doing my 996, lost concentration for a second and burnt the paint on the wing leaving a big scorched patch ... :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

:thumb:

Thanks Jethrow will check out the pics in the post you mentioned...

Muchelin appreciate the support...the g220 is very popular...polishedbliss.co.uk gave some great advice also about machines.... ill def ping u to run by what i ultimately end up with....

Rocknrolla thanks for warning...i will try not to take my eye off the ball for a second lol

u finally got a load of stuff in the post from ultimatefinish....just a few more bits to get and its all systems go
:thumbs:

:) Go for it. last year was the first time I did a similar process, but wasn't brave enough to use a polishing machine :) Basically I washed-clay-washed- applied polish 1- applied polish 2 - apply super glaze. I used all Zaino products & have to say I was really chuffed with the result; could believe how sparkly she looked.

IMO think there are much better car shampoos than Autoglym - try Zaino Show Car Shampoo - you'll be amazed :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoochyTM
Back