Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Holy Grail Car wash/correction and maintenance

If you think you aren't brave enough to use a DA polisher, go to your local car body shop and ask them for a scrap wing or bonnet. That is what I did. I then actually tried to damage it with polishing and failed. It isn't easy to mess it up with the DA units.

MC

Some good advice above, but nobody has mentioned a paint depth gauge. A very critical part of the process before attempting to machine polish. If you can borrow one to assess your paint thicknesses before you proceed then great, you know then what your working with. Go in blind with an aggressive pad/polish combination on a possible thin area then bingo, a strikethrough. I'm not being pessimistic but be careful, read up, take your time and enjoy it.

I've used plenty of shampoos and I always go back to 'Duragloss 901'. Absolute class product! You won't beat it. :thumb:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back